4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

tyres 2003 LC5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagdek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 13:39    Post subject: tyres 2003 LC5 Reply with quote

Hi All
New to lc ownership and will be looking for a new set of tyres in a month or so. Have read a lot of the previous posts and was wondering if anyone has used Goodyear Wrangler A/Ts. If you read the ratings which are now mandatory on tyre labelling the dry, wet grip and noise levels seem to be as good if not better than most but no mentions in the forum.
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 13:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fast but dim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot comment on the wranglers, but I've put 70k miles on a set of general grabber at2's without any problems...and there's plenty life left in them! I know BFG at's last a similair time.
Sag

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got cooper discovery 2 on and got to say been very good in all weather and very quite the road grip is impressive too.
gokent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running yokohama geolandar's for about 5 months now, they ride better, quieter and have better wet weather grip than the dunlops at20's they replaced..I've also run grabber at2's, and rate them pretty high. But motorway performance of the geolandar's seems better. offroad, the grabbers for sure.
Daveag1971

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just put the new model bfg a/t on mine a few weeks ago. Great tyre and little more tread than old model but the are the most expensive. I found general grabber and coopers both good value and wear in the past and a lot cheaper than bfg tyres. But I would only get them 3 myself. Just personal preference for me...each person has there own choice to make I guess and a different budget too...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: