All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Waxoil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnsats

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:18    Post subject: Waxoil Reply with quote

Hello all

I have just been quoted £550 to waxoil my amazon.

Is that about right? I wasn'texpecting it to be that much.

If not, does anyone know where would do it at a more reasonable price please

2004 4.2 Land Cruiser Amazon in Black.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Edward

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Amazon is a big ol unit, so I would say it's about right, for a professional outfit (with proper prepping etc.); anyway just do a search on the net for Waxoyl treatment centres and get some quotes.  Also have you considered Dinitrol? - some reviews claim it is a better product.
andy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your profile says UK, maybe if you changed that with an area it might help others recommend a garage, we don't all have crystal balls.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
cnsats

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Andy

Thanks for that Edward i will look into it

2004 4.2 Land Cruiser Amazon in Black.
nick j

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also received a similar quote from the Waxoyl guys in Knutsford, be interested to see if you take up their offer and what the results are like......
liongeorge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I don't know whether you have had it done yet but Dinitrol is a much better product IMO. Has better rust preventing properties and a tougher wax layer. Google it.
trooperman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dinitrol every time, did mine last year, masked the outside up with body shop film and sprayed the whole of the underside, still looks like new
Juddian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone still considering rustproofing, have a look at Bilt Hambers website, i've done 2 vehicles with their products, my 95 and my wife's Scooby Outback, both jobs have turned out very well and cost me around £150 for materials for the Scoob, and near enough £200 for the 95 Collie, heavy coats of the tough stuff on the underside plus lots of coats inside the chassis wings sills doors tailgate etc too with the lighter more flexible cavity waxes via supplied probes.

Not as filthy a job as with Waxoil (and the stink nothing like as bad), a superior but more expensive product but with less waste so it balances out IMO, and with their excellent large aerosols and proper professional style probes (no nothing like Waxoyls nail in the end of a pipe) the job was simple enough, easier on the Collie due to its height though i did remove the wheels and engine undertray to aid access to the nooks and crannies.

Most important to ensure the vehicles is clean and dry, preferably steam cleaned thoroughly underneath after the winter salt has long gone, and the job will be cheaper but not necessarily better if you have spraying equipment as the product is cheaper in bulk packs.

In comparison we paid around £400 to get my previous Hilux pro waxoyled in 2007 and i my honest opinion i've done a far better job, and i supplied it already clean and dry.
nick j

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had mine done a couple of weeks ago, very happy with the result....
trooperman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive thumbs up for Dinitrol from me, did mine 2 years ago and it's still good, bought 6 cans and did the whole of the underside, I covered the paintwork up with body shop masking film though, I like to blast underneath with the pressure washer now & again keep everything clean,waxoil is good for cavities though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: