4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fitted twin elect towbar, removed battery alarm problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocket

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 13:31    Post subject: Fitted twin elect towbar, removed battery alarm problem Reply with quote

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15923

Hi all,
First real problem with the LC and can't find a thread which relates exactly to it?

Fitted a twin electrics tow bar yesterday (volt sensing relay), removed battery whilst wiring, when finished put back started all ok.

Went to go into the car this morning and the fob did not work? unlock the car with key and when I opened the door the alarm went off Sad

Car starts ok but I am assuming the power going on and off again has upset something. Tried pushing the buttons with doors open shut ignition on off, spare key, no joy. Took the battery off for a couple of minutes to see if this would reset (I still have the ringing in my ears as the alarm kept going off!)

Just to follow up on this in case some one else has a similar problem.

I thought the next day I would go out go over the wiring that I had done just to double check, had a plan off attack went out to the car and thought I would just try the button......and it all worked?  Confused

I can only presume the alarm had got itself in to a bit of a muddle and sorted it's self out.

All works again as before.  

*beep* it is back  Sad
Anyone got any thoughts? It is as if what ever picks up the remote signal stops working.

I tried all the pairing advise but no joy.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 13:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try holding both the lock & unlock buttons together for a couple of seconds
Rocket

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joinerman I have tried that, no joy.

But I had left the car today and used a different one come back later today, thought I would just give it ago and all working again?

Last thing I did was remove the battery yesterday for 10 mins put back on with the door open, alarm went off straight away, I shut the bonnet waited till it stopped and then shut the door and locked with the key, left it overnight, still not working.

How can something take 24hrs to reset or just start working again? Very strange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: