NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smokeon the water1955

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 18:38    Post subject: New member Reply with quote

Hi everyone. My name is Ray and I have just bought a Landcruiser Amazon to tow my twin axled caravan. I had a test drive in it today and I can't believe how much power it has. It's the first time I have ever owned oe been in a Landcruiser and I am well impressed. U had a Nissan Navara before this and it was pretty rubbish as a tow vehicle. I am looking forward to lots of good memories towing my caravan. I really like going to West Wales but this has always proved to difficult to the tow cars I have had in the past. I think the Landcruiser will easily cope with the hills. I look forward to sharing and receiving information from the group.  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 18:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

nick j

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and congrats on your new LC, we also tow a large twin axle caravan and last week came back from towing down to Spain and back without any trouble at all.... Very Happy
Smokeon the water1955

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:58    Post subject: Fuel consumption Reply with quote

Hi. Do you get good fuel consumption? Do you always use cruise control? did you have any problems with overheating on steep long hills? Thanks. Ray
nick j

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray, we average about 20 mpg down to Spain and back, no overheating on long hills and that includes the A75 in France. I don't use cruise control....
Smokeon the water1955

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 14:15    Post subject: General information Reply with quote

Thanks for that. It's roughly what I expected. I wasn't sure if you would get better mpg using cruise control, that is why I initially asked. This is my first Land Cruiser and I am really excited at the awesome power of the car. It should easily tow my caravan. I have had several other tow cars and they have all been rubbish at towing. Thanks for the information. How long does it take you to get to Spain and what route do you take? We generally spend all of our touring time in the UK but I would love to venture further. Thanks. Ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: