4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

my new LC150, happy to answer questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lol64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 14:51    Post subject: my new LC150, happy to answer questions Reply with quote

Blimey, bit quiet here, all it needs is some tumbleweed blowing through for some proper atmosphere.

Anyway, new owner here, so just thought that I'd say if there are any people looking at MY2016 UK Land Cruisers & have any questions, I'm happy to answer them if I can. I'll be using it as my daily transport & for towing (stock and plant trailers, not a caravan), so happy to give you an honest opinion or answer questions on that when I've got some experience. I'm not a "real" off-roader, just muddy Herefordshire fields & farm tracks, so won't be able to tell you much about that side of things. The videos online look very impressive and made me feel a bit guilty that my LC will never be used on a steep, mud & boulder filled river bed. Oh, thinking about it, I've just pretty much described the main road through our village...

Sadly I can't see anyway of uploading photos, as that's often useful. It looks like you can only link to photos hosted on other sites.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 14:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

T-Fawr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 20:24    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

Hi, great to have a new owner. Am currently checking finances for a purchase - 2016 LC Invincible - so within the next 2 to 3 months I expect to move the purchase on.

So some questions if you don't mind...

1. Given I will be using almost +90% on the motorway (up to 800 miles per week), what MPG and Range from the fuel tank have you seen from both steady runs and general driving?
2. Whilst I have not driven any LC version yet, how is the general acceleration to motorway speed and overtaking, as well as 'feel' on road at 70 to 80mph?
3. Is the Sat Nav screen too small? The version in the new Rav4 is 7" for example, LC is 4"
4. General noise levels - easy to converse with passengers
5. Best place for a good deal - am looking on DrivetheDeal and Autoebid (plus others) - currently pre-option price is £48k to £49k. Any info on this helpful
6. Did you use finance? Interested in how smooth that process was?
7. How long from order to delivery of vehicle did you wait? E.g. in-stock or from japan (12 weeks)
8. Any experience of AdBlue to date?

That's it for now. And you are right, this is a quiet place... try the FFRR Forum for the arguments and repair bills!!

Thanks you advance  Very Happy
lol64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 23:04    Post subject: Re: Questions Reply with quote

T-Fawr wrote:

1. Given I will be using almost +90% on the motorway (up to 800 miles per week), what MPG and Range from the fuel tank have you seen from both steady runs and general driving?

I'm on about 1400 miles, 1 month old and got just over 26mpg on the last tank. Range is just under 500 miles (I think it said 460 when I filled it up earlier today). I do a mixture of mostly A roads and a bit of motorway, so I'd guess you will get a bit more with your mostly motorway driving. I would guess low 30s would be achievable. It seems to me that the mpg has slightly improved with a few miles. On a long motorway run I got around 30mpg, but the car only had a few hundred miles on the clock, so would expect that to improve.

You'll have the 2.8 litre like me (I think they sold all of the remaining 3.0 litres that were in the UK before the end of last year).

T-Fawr wrote:

2. Whilst I have not driven any LC version yet, how is the general acceleration to motorway speed and overtaking, as well as 'feel' on road at 70 to 80mph?

It's a good cruiser, but don't expect any great shakes on the acceleration. The engine is built for low stress / long reliable life not high performance.

T-Fawr wrote:

3. Is the Sat Nav screen too small? The version in the new Rav4 is 7" for example, LC is 4"

Sat nav is fine, though I think you're confusing the multi function display with the sat nav. The MFD is 4 inch. I'm not sure what size the sat nav screen is, but my wife has a 2015 RAV4 Invincible and it's about the same size as that.

T-Fawr wrote:

4. General noise levels - easy to converse with passengers

Again, fine, easy to chat with passengers and great music system. It's a relaxed cruiser, but you can always hear the engine / transmission. It's not noisy as such, but you notice it more than (for example) my wife's RAV4.

T-Fawr wrote:

5. Best place for a good deal - am looking on DrivetheDeal and Autoebid (plus others) - currently pre-option price is £48k to £49k. Any info on this helpful

I bought from Charles Clarke Toyota in Wolverhampton, even though they are miles from me. I bought my daughter's Yaris Icon+ from them in 2014 (yes, we have 3 Toyotas) and they were really competitive and very good service. Chris Hazard is the salesman who I've dealt with and he came up with a deal that I was very happy with, much more competitive (and interested in my business) than the 2 local dealers.

T-Fawr wrote:

6. Did you use finance? Interested in how smooth that process was?

I used the Toyota finance as it's very competitive. Very easy, Chris dealt with it all.

T-Fawr wrote:

7. How long from order to delivery of vehicle did you wait? E.g. in-stock or from japan (12 weeks)

They do have stock in Portbury docks, but I wanted a specific colour combination that they didn't have. Luckily for me, there were suitable cars en-route from Japan, so my wait was about a month. I think a factory order is about 3 months. One thing I'm going to look into next time is the options you can factory order. The Invincible only has a few options on the price list in the UK. I had some of them: metallic paint, mats (yes an option on a £57K car!), tow bar, 13 pin electrics, rear sill protector, etc. BUT the LC 150 has a load more options that should be available, i.e. heated steering wheel, air conditioned seats, etc. so I suspect you may be able to specify some more extras if you are prepared to wait for a factory order.

T-Fawr wrote:

8. Any experience of AdBlue to date?

No, it lasts for ages so I haven't needed to yet.

Oh - watch out for the tyres! There are no spares of the "new" Bridgestones on the 2016 LC the UK, so if you get an unrepairable puncture (like me), you are up a creek without a paddle.
T-Fawr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that, very helpful.

Now I don't expect 'great' mileage from a near 2.5 ton truck, however a range of 500 miles is less than ideal. As you know, other markets have a two tank set-up giving 150 litres (expensive fuel stop I guess!). Of course the 'claimed' combined of 38.2mpg should be taken with a pinch of slot, yet a 33mpg would give around 600 miles - a little bit more bearable... my ideal would be closer to 700 miles - a dream I guess in this LC.

I did think a little about the new Rav4, however the diesel is FWD only, so not really for me. Also, the other 'nearest' option would be to wait for the new Hilux - although the Geneva show version only had the 2.4 litre and not the 2.8 engine. Left field would be a new Subaru Outback - decisions, decisions...

So back to the LC; big and strong. The story is that a 'new' version is due 2018/19, however as I see this major purchase as a car I would look to keep for 8 to 10 years, that itch needs to be scratched. Dealers are always 'interesting' in their wish to close a deal, I will try the one nearest to me and see if a big sale is of interest to them. Of course, via a broker for a near 8k saving will more than likely be my choice. I'll see what the numbers look like first and maybe try your contact if required.

I did see your post about the tyres. Are Toyota GB not pulling their weight to support you on this?

Might make the decision this weekend, depends on if Wales beat England on Saturday; a loss and I'll need comfort, a win and I celebrate... a new LC would suit the bill for both...  Smile  

Any other general news on how your LC is going would be welcome. And did you spec black or ivory leather? Fancy the lighter colour to brighten the cabin, however, long term it may age more, so black may be more suitable. And a Big Red LC one of course!!
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the forum won't get as busy as the 120 series forum 😉
tunin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 15:18    Post subject: Considering to buy the 214-2015 LC150 Reply with quote

Hello guys, all new here, looking for some bits of info and answers, I hope you can help. Thank you in advance. Smile

I own the 120series for some time now, I love the car. I am considering the 150 series, I had to install (20 series)an aftermarket bluetooth handsfree unit to be able to make calls and listen to music... Installed the Parrot MKI9200, worked well.

I knwo the new LC150 series has the bluetooth option, my question is, can I stream music to it with my phone?

Thank you.
Regards,
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I guess the answer depends on which spec you buy, LC3/4/5, or anniversary.

I've an 60th anniversary and it's system allows music streaming.
tunin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response, I am getting the fully loaded version (Navi, crawl, air susp., kdss...the package is labeled TEC on the market I am in... I would guess it supports it, it is crazy if it. Does not. 🙏

14all_and_all41 wrote:
Hi, I guess the answer depends on which spec you buy, LC3/4/5, or anniversary.

I've an 60th anniversary and it's system allows music streaming.
toyo58

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi lol 64
Can you give me a update on how you are finding the 150 land cruiser.Is it proving reliable and what mpg are you getting ?
I have a 120 that has just seized and am talking to Toyota gb as i believe its another oil strainer victim !
Am considering buying a 150 and could do with some feedback as there seems to be little info as to how it is performing and there seems to be so few out on the roads!
Many thanks
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at 3yrs and 25k miles, on my 2011 anniversary model, nothing major gone wrong, cat, steering linkage, and gear shift selector under the 5yr warranty

Servicing, and front/rear discs/pads through wear and tear, to my account, just usual stuff.

Sitting at 55k MPL's at the moment, owned since 19k, will start servicing myself now.

Had my 120 series for 7yrs, can see this 150 ownership going for sometime yet, still like it.

Some things you need to forgive, suspension/handling, not exactly quick, but reliable strong, and a working machine so suits me.
lol64

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I confess, I forgot all about this forum and only remembered it because I have a question that I wanted to ask. So, to make me feel less guilty, here's a brief update.

Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it.

I did say it would be brief! My wife now mainly drives the Landcruiser, she wanted to change her previous car (RAV4) and really liked mine. It seemed stupid to have 2 LCs in the family, so I got something different. The car is on about 40K miles now, 3 years 4 months old. It averaged about 27mpg on the first 24K miles when I was driving it and averages 24mpg since my wife took it over. What can I say, she has a heavy right foot! It's a great tow car, pretty comfortable, but the ride is (and always has been) a bit on the fidgety side. Laughs at pot holes, which is very important here in Herefordshire! It needs to be topped up about 1 litre of oil between (10K) services. Exterior & interior are wearing well, though with hindsight I probably wouldn't have chosen cream leather & carpets if I'd known it was going to be used as the main family wagon. Leather is still spotless, though biro, felt pens etc are a PITA to remove. Top consumer tip: don't allow in-car colouring books if you select the cream leather option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: