Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

'how to' guide - LC 80 hub strip down & cv change ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

that just takes me back to my original post buddy on the link at the top of my original post should take you to a sort of
down loadable booklet with pics which is this link if you click on the tab at the top it turns the page

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1n07m/LC80hubstripdownandc/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tlocuk.co.uk%2Fforums%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D5905

and as i say it should have the pics in it so it can be printed with the pics so so ppl have the printed version to work with
while working on there cruisers just thought it was handy for others but wondered why the pics went missing over time and if they could be put back   Very Happy  Very Happy

you have only one life, enjoy.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 18:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Joseph Peace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice you have packed the swivel housing with LM grease.  I currently use swivel housing grease.  Do you think the LM grease is better?
liammons

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up, the link I ok if you just click on the black x in te box Cool
moorsman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 20:50    Post subject: milner oil seals Reply with quote

HUMPH well rebuilt front axle with all parts fro milner cvs etc all good but barely a 1000 miles later and one side is leaking .....not happy going to order some gen toyota ones and do it again wish i had taken notice of various comments about those seals on here .
milners oil seals not worth a wink
aston2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Excellent post, I'm glad it all worked out in the end.
I just hate having to get other people do do jobs for me, they never quite do it 'my way'. Note to Santa "I want a large floor-standing hydraulic press" its something I have wanted for years but can't justify
I can't believe (well, actually I can) that a 'professional' would grind a lump out of a hub to put the bolts back instead of simply pressing the bits apart, it must have taken longer to 'bodge it' than do it properly.
That rust doesn't look too bad to me but I'd have given it a buzz-over with a cup brush on an angle grinder and then painted/greased it as appropriate. good job though.
That hydraulic puller looks good. In a moment of madness I bought a £300 Sykes puller, like yours but larger. I thought I'd use it once, but its amazing what jobs crop up. You can never have too many tools
I look forward to the next illustrated repair.

Visit my website to know about toyota hilux.
Towpack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph Peace wrote:
I notice you have packed the swivel housing with LM grease.  I currently use swivel housing grease.  Do you think the LM grease is better?

If that's LM or wheel bearing/chassis grease its the wrong grease for CV's. Molybedenum Disulphide grease (the dark grey stuff) is the correct grease as specified in the FSM

1998 HDJ80 Amazon VX 4.2TD
2004 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2011 Ducati 1198SP (Sold)
2012 kawasaki ZZr1400
2002 Honda XR650R (BRP)- STOLEN GRRRRR!!!
2010 Husaberg FE570....YIPPEEEEE!!!!
2003 GT XCR3000
1995 Border Collie-Passed away 23-5-2011
Monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the cv's I use CV 2 grease, red colour. A garage put the black/Grey stuff in my axle and the oil separated from the grease and started leaking from the steering knuckle bolts and leaking out of the axle on to the brake dust Shields which could cause brake contamination!

Use a good grease or you like pulling them apart again.
Drazy89

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job mate can you point out to me or a link of the stuff i need for this job please ? ......i've looked at milner site but they have a kit with what looks away to many gaskets and i don't think thats what i need

thank you Smile
DirtyDiesel88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:05    Post subject: 80 hubs Reply with quote

Just done this job myself this post was very handy before starting the job to see what I was in for
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: