NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Can anyone explain what the buzzer sound is on ignition?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyyemm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 13:34    Post subject: Can anyone explain what the buzzer sound is on ignition? Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for any help,  Just starting a rebuild of my 79 BJ40, there is a loud buzzer when ignition is turned, and it wont start,  have disconnected the govenor, and now it starts,  I have no owners manual, and there is no mention of this is the Service Manual, anyone know about this? and any suggestions on getting an owners manual?   Tony
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 13:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

spackrackman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had a loud buzzer! Just sold my 40 but I never worked out what it meant. Mine still started while the buzzer was going then it would stop. Also it was not every time... once in 20 starts.
let me know if you find out what it is
Jonnie
otilly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 40 series have under the left floorboard a small tank. This is a vacuumtank, which is drawn empty when the engine is running. If you use your brakes when the engine is shut off, you can still use it 2 or 3 times with the power of the vacuum (or however you name this in english).
Now, when that little tank is empty (full with air) or leaking or not connected a loud buzzer will sound until the tank is drawn empty again, then it shuts up.

Is that luxury for you, or what?
tonyyemm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 17:31    Post subject: buzzer Reply with quote

Hey thanks Otilly,    that makes sense alright,   now she is stripped andthe body tub is going for sand blasting , there is a growing list of parts I will be looking for,  do yo know of a fullparts diagram/ listing available from anywhere?  
Regards   Tony
otilly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, I don't. But you have the books, don't you?
If not: try to get hold of them. There are 2: body and engine.
tonyyemm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,   I have the workshop manual from the USA,  and a HAYNES for the petrol version,  they are good, but dont have fullparts illustrations / numbers that would be good for the complete rebuild, can you tell me anythoing about the 2 books yo mentioned?  Publisher or name or even better where to get them?  
I am thinking of a shopping trip over to Coolcruisers in Texas, lots of parts there,   Regards  Tony
otilly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are the original books from Toyota, brownish cover. For every model they have these books, sometimes greenish or blueish. You need the brown ones.

As far as I can see you have a BJ40, so a diesel. I wouldn't go to America for dieselparts; they are specialized in FJ40 (petrol), which is something completely different.

France is a way better option and closer to home. The big question; how's your French??
andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this is any good to you, but there is a chassis manual HERE
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
tonyyemm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merci Bien Otilly,  je suis d'accord parler frog,   Smile If you have any contact in France for parts, it much better, I spend half my time in London, much easier to get to France than Texas!  Tony
otilly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to post a couple of url's but the moderators won't let me. so you are on your own in France.
tonyyemm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 13:51    Post subject: FRance Reply with quote

Thanks for trying, seems a bit daft to block info that helps keep a cruiser on the road, perhaps the moderators will consider a links page where we all can add contacts?    Until then,   how about any phone numbers?   or I am  tony@cgiuk.net,   Regards   Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: