Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suffolk 4x4 Show & Autojumble - 14th & 15th May 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEANO3528

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 13:43    Post subject: Suffolk 4x4 Show & Autojumble - 14th & 15th May 2011 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I know it's a bit cheeky for a first post but I didn't want you guys to miss out this year.
Last year proved that there is a definite niche for a 4x4 Show in the East of the country especially at such a great location. The more people we can tell, the better the chance that this could become a permanent show with a National standing which would be great.I believe there are free club stands available and we are hoping to run some games for the kiddies as well, to make this a family social event wherre owners of all makes can come together and discuss 4x4 issues or just take the mickey out of one another.

One thing I do need to let you know about in plenty of time is that SLROC have been asked to run the offroad elements of the Suffolk 4x4 Show & Autojumble again on the weekend of 14th & 15th May.
There are two courses available over the weekend as per last year, both of which have LANTRA certification. The offroad course is technical and will keep you interested while the green lane experience runs for 2 miles around the park amongst woodland which used to be the bomb dump for the airfield during WW2. For those who may never have taken their vehicle offroad before instruction and advice will be available and freely given.
If we can get the clubs there that would be brilliant, no matter what marque or model of 4x4 you prefer. Hopefully we can get a really good cross section of owners all showing off their vehicles and supporting their clubs. To that end I have to apologise if it seems like I am spamming every forum in sight, it's just I'd really like to see this event take off, as Suffolk tends to be left out a bit when it comes to such events. Also if you know of any other clubs or traders who might like a presence, please let them know about this event.
Rougham Airfield is a great venue, just outside Bury St Edmunds and right beside the A14, so easy to get to. Plenty of camping space and club stand space as well.
Hopefully clubs will be hearing from the Rougham Office early in the new year.

Webpage is online but I can't post the location which is actually a good idea for defeating the spam monkeys.. Just google Rougham Airfield and then select Events and 4x4 Show brings up a page and embarrasingly that's my motor in the picture.

SLROC are not organisers nor do we share in any of the profits that might be made, we just want to see a local event take off. That and the fact that for those who do not wish to take their 4x4 offroad, SLROC are running the charity rides again, where you can jump in one of our Land Rovers and be driven around either course instead: At last year's event we made £1270 for local charities including the EACH Treehouse Appeal!

Cheers

DEANO
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 13:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure you will be made Welcome Smile

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
DEANO3528

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Paul, how's it all going?

Certainly seems an okay kind of place. I can definitely see the attraction in owning a Bruiser, lovely machines if I'm honest.
I always fancied the 1990 model with twin square headlights in met grey with the red stripes. I used to deliver to a farmer nearby who had one. Just catches the eye.

Will you make it across to us this year, although there is your Norfolk rep who could come perhaps?
viper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to this show last year; although it was it’s first I must admit it was well worth going the atmosphere was great and they made us feel very welcome. Hope this year is as good, will be nice to catch up with everybody again and see lots of other 4x4's.
My family loved the off road course too.  Very Happy
tractorboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the show last year too! They had a nice ‘Green Lane’ course which wound its way through a large wood; not especially challenging but a very pleasant ride. They also had a course which had been excavated out on the airfield itself, a real nice course which got the suspension working. The venue is in a good location and I’m sure that the show will build up as the years go on.

I will be taking my LC again this year, good to get the chance to use it off road as sites are pretty few and far between out here in East Anglia.
viper

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:11    Post subject: Suffolk 4x4 show Reply with quote

It looks like this is going to be a good show from what i've heard, would be good to meet other members, is anyone going to be there this weekend

Viper
DEANO3528

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, any thoughts or feedback?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: