Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Alarm beeping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daz5023

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 14:44    Post subject: Alarm beeping Reply with quote

Hi. The alarm on my 2001 Colorado went off at 6.30 am(!) for no apparant reason and now the siren has started beeping sometimes when I turn the engine off today (the same warning beeping you get if you were to lock the car with a door not shut properly).
It has the factory fit alarm, does anyone know what the siren beeping means? Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 14:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried looking in the alarm section.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Daz5023

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Have you tried looking in the alarm section.

Yes,I went right through the section this morning. I have since read that some battery back up sirens on other car makes will beep to indicate low battery voltage which could be the problem. When the alarm went off I didn't notice the indicators flashing and think maybe the voltage dropped in the siren and it thought it was being tampered with. I have since taken the siren out and checked the voltage and found it has 1.7v and not the 7.2 stated on the battery pack. So after much trawling the net for another battery pack I have had to settle for buying 6 individual cells to make a 7.2v battery pack myself. Hopefully that will cure it as waking the neighbours up at 6.30 on a sunday morning is not something I want to repeat!
Daz5023

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the original siren battery pack is made up of battery cells that are no longer available so another size battery would have to be used to produce a 7.2v pack.
However the siren unit is still available from Toyota for £42+vat which is what I went for. When I spoke to the dealer he confirmed the alarm fault sounded like the siren unit and was more well known for causing problems in the Avensis but not so much in the Colorado.
The new unit has "Cobra" marked on the case (which the dealer said is an upgraded part) where as the original unit has "Delta Elettronica S.P.A" which a google search shows to be a company linked to Cobra so probably the unit is not upgraded at all.
The annoying thing when the siren packs up is that you may not be able to turn it off  Shocked as it is sounding of its own accord triggered by the internal battery voltage dropping therefore it thinks the alarm circuit has been tampered with and sounds but is not being told to by the alrm ECU which is why the hazards were not flashing and it would not respond to remote. The siren should beep (16 times?) on occasions when back up battery voltage is low to warn of problem but my siren did not do that until after waking the street up at 6.30 on a sunday morning Rolling Eyes .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: