NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LC3 ride/handling versus LC5 demonstrator?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrise

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 13:16    Post subject: LC3 ride/handling versus LC5 demonstrator? Reply with quote

Hello everyone.   Very Happy  

I am looking at buying a new LandCruiser because I trust one. I have read comments about Land Rovers, Tourags, Q7, X5 etc & yes they are "sexy" but when it comes to it I believe in LandCruiser dependability in a way that I do not any of the others except perhaps the Shogun.

Rant Over.

My question is about the suspension difference bewteen the LC3 which I can afford & the demonstrators that I have tried which are all fancy suspension LC5 models & which I cannot afford.

Question What are the real world ride differences between them? Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 13:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... I have the LC4 which comes with KDSS (Kinetic Suspension) - this irons out any body roll and makes a massive difference... the LC3 doesn't.  The car looks very 'sexy' - especially in black and I love it....

I had the previous 120 model LC4 and the two are a world apart ... especially the ride/comfort and engine performance (and much more)... the 150 is much nippier and economical - full of useful gizmos and beats all the other 4x4s off road - a car really at home off road - and really quiet engine wise, compared to my 120 which sounded like an empty cement mixer full of hammer heads.

May I suggest you read through 'pradopoint.Aus' where some owners have complained and changed the suspension on LC3s they have bought..... but I think it depends what you want to use it for .. if its for farm/off road use the LC3 would be fine IMO - but if its for more road use the LC4/5 is the way to go. I wouldn't be tempted by a Discovery, although they may give an even better on road ride (apparently), because of their unreliability and poor finish (from what I've read)

Apparently even the Australians (much closer to Japan) are having to wait a long time for delivery because - according to Aus dealers 'they are selling like hot cakes' ... not my words...

This is mostly my opinion based on what I have read and compared... but if you can - go for the LC4 - you won't be disappointed..... Very Happy
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meant to add - even if I could only afford the LC3 - I would still buy it over any other model - the LC4 120 I had w/out KDSS seemed fine to me ride wise... and didn't really notice the difference around corners until I got this car.  But then I don't drive like a nutcase around corners in any event - no matter what car I am driving unless I am on a 'track day'.  So if you can't manage the LC4 - the LC3 is still the way to go IMO... Very Happy
chrise

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dannyson

Thanks for your thoughts but the gap between the LC3 & LC4 is too big.

I was hoping that someone had experience of both - or at least had driven an LC3 & could comment on it.

Any LC3 owners on here?

Chris
dannyson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best to ask on pradopoint then ....... despite the 150 selling like hotcakes over their not much seems to be happening here in the UK .. and it can be pretty lonely here talking about the 150   Crying or Very sad
chrise

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go to Australia!!!!

Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: