Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear fog lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Electrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 18:20    Post subject: Rear fog lights Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
Second post in the forum & already I'm seeking advice!!

I have a 2004 LC3 D4D & I have a problem with the rear fogs.

With the lights on & driving normally, everytime & use the indicators or brakes the rear fog indicator comes on, press the rear fog switch & it goes out.  Also the rear fogs aren't working at all.

So, does anyone have a wiring diagram or know where the rear fog relay is OR has come across this before?

Fingers crossed.

Dave
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 18:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gamekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

To give you all an update.

There appears to be only 0.6V at the bulbs.

So I would determine that the relay could be at fault.  But I'm stumped as to why it gives the above symptoms.

Cheers

Dave.
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

It sounds very much like dirty contacts, or loose contacts some where.
The place I would start to look would be the at the bulbs, working backwards.
Remove the bulb and holder from each of the fog lights and try to see the bulb makes good connections with the holder contacts.
I think, from memory, the bulbs are 'cappless' as in they don't have the traditional metalic cap, but have wires comming out of the glass, and folded back up the sides of the glass base of the bulb.

Then, follow the loom back to the male and female plug.
The main area for the plugs etc, is behind where the jack lives, in the passenger side, read quarter panel.
Pull the jack out, and pull the plastic forward, so you gan get a good look in there.

Is there a tow bar electrics fitted?
If there is, then may be a good idea to disconnect all the electrics for the towbar, as these are notorious for causing problems.

'vette
Gamekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

Funny you should mention the towbar. The whole reason this fault became apparent is due to the fact that I put the headlights on whilst it was raining. With the water ingress it could well be an earth fault or indeed shorting out of the trailer socket.

I think I will disconnect the socket as a starting point but I have also noticed in the rear left light pocket where the jack lives are a few scotchblocks (cringe) someones obviously been in there & no doubt left a nightmare!!

I'll keep you all posted of the developments.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Electrics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: