2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Replacement stereo on Landcruiser Colorado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 14:29    Post subject: Replacement stereo on Landcruiser Colorado Reply with quote

I've just purchased a 98 Landcruiser Colorado but have found that the stereo has a faulty CD player. I would like to know how you get the main dashboard fascia panel off which hides the mountings to the stereo (fascia for heating and ventilation etc)so that I can remove the faulty unit and replace it. I think that it might be just clipped on but would like this confirmed if possible rather than risk breaking fixings etc. Any information would be appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 14:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

The Proff

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:58    Post subject: Fascia Reply with quote

My Amazon has a moulded plastic slot - about the size of a couple of casette tapes. This is clipped in. Removing this exposes a couple of screws. I also had to undo all the screws of the surround around the central console, and remove it, before I could see the CD mountings.

Hope this helps. Mind you, I was investigating where to fit a hands-free kit at the time!
The Proff

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:11    Post subject: PS .... Reply with quote

Forgot to add - watch out for the screws behind the ashtray!
k1elliott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, is it one of those big ass Jap stereos?

I have a Prado and I recently spent hours drilling, grinding etc to get a Normal sized stereo into the dash.

the problem was that the original stereo was about 4 inches tall and a little narrower than normal ones.
Now I have a well fitted stereo but a gaping hole under it.
At least I wont have problems accessing the rear output cables when I go to add an amp.

The facia just pulls off mate - the more you take it off and put it back, the less it grips to the dash and hence the more loose it gets.
I got it off by prising it off with a padded screw-driver at the top and then pulling it off completely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: