All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2004 LC5 broken sat nav screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patbrown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 17:46    Post subject: 2004 LC5 broken sat nav screen Reply with quote

Hi, I've managed to shatter the touch screen for the nav/audio/climate screen and am looking for a replacement screen or whatever I need. Toyota main dealer seem to tell me £4,052 + VAT + fitting.....................

Everything still works (apart from sat nav) as I can control the climate and radi from the buttons below the screen - but guess work as can't see most of the screen under the shattered bits

Am hoping there's a better option but I can't seem to find one. I've been on the www looking for breakers but getting nothing

Any help would be appreciated.

Pat
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 17:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Cptsideways

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be the same unit as many other Toyota/Lexus models - Do some e bay'ing
patbrown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cptsideways, I had a look on e-bay and it seems to be a minefield of after market units from Hong Kong which, not being an expert myself, I wouldn't be comfortable buying and then finding someone to install it.

I have just spoken with an after market audio company who have said that in my model (2004 LC5) it will either be a Denso or Fujitsu system - if its Fujitsu, they can get replacement parts for about £700+VAT but if its Denso, no chance.  They also say that because of the integration with the radio, CD changer and climate control, replacing the whole thing would be hugely expensive.

Any idea how on how I might find out which system is in it?  Seems to me to be 50/50 on a £750 bill or Toyota's £5k plus fitting.

Or any other advice at all

Thanks, Pat
marlot

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be an lc5 in a scrapyard somewhere!
patbrown

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I've managed to source one from a breakers, and am waiting for it to be sent.  So here's hoping......

£168 plus about an ours labour to fit it is a lot better than a new Toyota one at £5k plus fitting, so I am hoping its OK when it arrives

Thanks for help on this

Pat
Gamekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat,
just out of interest, what breakers did you use?

Dave
Jet2work

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting thing i ejected map disc from under seat and replaced and my screen worked again..... worth trying!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: