Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

FJ40 PAS on Chevy V8 Kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonFJ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 14:10    Post subject: FJ40 PAS on Chevy V8 Kit Reply with quote

Hi all, i need some asistance in putting together the appropiate components to change the manual steering  on my 1973 FJ40 with 305Ci Chevy V8 to power steering,
I have read you can use the box and parts from a 60 series and/or from a toyota hilux, i would assume is is easier to get parts for the Hilux but i dont know. Can anyone help me or point in the right direction to start putting the parts i need together?
many thanks
Jon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 14:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

spackrackman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have a 60 power steering box on my 40. Supposed to be packing at the moment for a wedding, but I can maybe help a bit after the weekend. IH8MUD has lots of images of similar convertions that will give you plenty of ideas. I am pretty sure we could sort you out with most of the parts between me and a good friend.

Jonnie
JonFJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 23:26    Post subject: FJ40 PAS Reply with quote

Hi Jonnie
thanks for info and offer, i have looked at the ih8mud sites and i have a winch on my 40 so i need the system that doesnt effect that. does the conversion with the 60 box work with a winch, i think its the saginaw system i dont want. i hoped my car would be mot'd by now but i am having some issues with the setting up of the chevy V8 now that it has an exhaust for the first time in about 5 years! i am not in a desperate rush for PAS but to get the missus using it i guess she will need it.
please let me know what parts i need and prices etc..
thanks in advance
Jon
rob4wd
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi jon,

i found it easier with lj70 parts .(i think the steering box is the same as a 6o anyway)i assume yours is rhd??. if it is i managed the converion with only one weld to remove the rag joint. all my tie and relay rods worked out. let me know if you need piccies.

regards

rob
JonFJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 22:10    Post subject: Pas Reply with quote

Hi rob, thanks for info, pictures would be great. I am no mechanic, my role would be to put the parts list together to have a local garage fit it all. Any advice / pictures very much appreciated as the FJ got it's MOT today and the miss us has driven it and hates the weight of the steering.
Cheers
jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: