4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Move Speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mimic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 16:15    Post subject: Move Speakers Reply with quote

I wanted to buy some new speakers for the rear door as the speakers on it aren't good. I was wondering would it be possible to move the front speakers to the back and then replace the front ones with some new ones. The front speakers are I think 6x9s but the rears are 6.5". Is it possible to fix them with some enclosure? Would anyone know if it's possible and where I could get the enclosures from.
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 16:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Pambs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont advice to do that cause you will need to cut the metal to fit the 6x9 in the back. If its smaller you can fabricate a ring, so in the front you could install 6.5 in the rear you need to stick with 6.5. What budget are you looking at?

maybe you could change both. these days most audio shops can also give you a preview, so stop at one and ask them to try out 2-3 differrent sets to hear them. its also advisable to put the same series front/rear so get get the same sound
Mimic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 18:12    Post subject: Move Speakers Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
I went and checkout with the car audio shop, who initially installed a Kenwood DDX8036BT to replace my factory fitted unit. My front speakers are still ok but like you said, they also mentioned it would be best to replace all at once to get matching sounds.

They recommended from what they had for the rear JBL GT5-S265 or the infinity Reference 6032i.

For the front he mentioned some Rockford Fosgate components, and if more bass is required a MBQ active sub.

I'm not too fluent with the brands and models, appreciate if you could recommend something that would suit the Prado.

I was just wondering, the front speakers are 6x7 or 6x9? and the rear is 6.5(16cm)?

Thanks
Mimic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:10    Post subject: assumed sizes Reply with quote

Hi I checked through the front and rear speaker grills, and it looks like the fronts are 6x9 and read maybe 5 1/4. So will start with the front, but I was wondering if I'm going to connect an amp also to the fronts, will it affect the 2 speakers on the dash? Should i replace those also, and what would those be? Maybe I just go with a 6x9 component set ?
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: