NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Saying Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jondd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 21:30    Post subject: Saying Hello Reply with quote

Hi All, have now had my 2010 LC5 for 2 weeks after coming over from the 'dark side ( LR ) '.  We love the LC and think it can only get better !  

Already have a few questions though, is there an upgrade to the sat nav, mine will not recogise some postcodes out in the sticks, the version says 2009-2010.  Secondly, is a tuning upgrade worth it ?  I am currently achieving approx 25mpg with the car having done 10k miles, and am hopeful this will increase but will it come sooner with a chip ?

Hope to have some helpful advice. Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 21:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dannyson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jondd- The following is a copy of the responses I got from my local dealer re your queries....

[i]Press ‘NAVI’ button the right hand side
Then touch ‘Map Data’ (on the right)
A screen then pops up with Data and Gracenote boxes. The latest versions available are;
Data 2010-2011 Ver. 1
Gracenote (CDDB): Ver. 02421

If you have an earlier version than the one I have listed above, an upgrade is available. The cost of the part (USB stick) is £169.43 inc vat and will take approximately 45 min to an hour to upload in the workshop. The Usb stick (once the sat nav has uploaded) will then be empty and you may take it home for usual Usb use.

Re: Secondly I understand their is a re-programme of the 'ECU' (or something similar) - fix release 26/08 called Hesitation/Downshift delay during acceleration ......  something I have been experiencing - and reported at he last service....

The technicians’ cannot find anything on this on the warranty bulletins for your car. The only thing they did find was if the Engine Management light was on, they would need to plug your car in and check it but no Ecu fix was listed. If you are not happy with the way the car is performing, please make an appointment and a technician will roadtest it for you.

Re: And lastly - their is a 'fix' (replacements) available now for the teeny useless mudflaps - i.e. bigger ones!

Again, we couldn’t find anything on mudflaps – apologies

Jondd - There is an ECU flash upgrade which I have had done now re. the hesitation .....

The mudflaps are allegedly on order......

I have not had the sat nav upgrade done yet.

It has been a matter of persisting with the local dealer.  The best forum for the 150 is 'pradopoint' as there aren't many units about in the UK.  I have not had mine chipped but it is talked about at length on 'pradopoint'.  I'm getting around 31mpg on my LC4 with 18000 miles on the clock.  How do you find the 'ride' of the car?
jondd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that reply.  I have had the car just over 2 weeks now and am finding it difficult not to keep comparing it with the Range Rover Vogue TDV8 I previously had. Thats the reason for looking at a power upgrade for the LC5.  I am liking the ride at the moment, still a lot to learn about the car and boy, the user guides are so comprehensive !
The biggest plus when driving is not having to worry when it is going to break down next ( unlike the RR, owned it 11 month and 4 of the it was in a dealership with faults ).
Hope to speak soon and thanks once again. John
dannyson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Land Cruiser is a proper rugged go anywhere vehicle - though it doesn't look it -  (not that I've tested it off road - only what I read) - that allegedly sees off all others off road.  So there will always be compromises ...... one of those is the power and to my mind the 'jumpy', feel every bump ride - except when on dual carrigeways and the like when to my mind it glides along.

I've got used to the 'lack of V6/8 power' and drive it accordingly ...... seems adequate enough to me.

Anyway - enjoy it - I read most of the user guides and have forgotten 90% - only have a butchers now and again to check something or other out.

Is yours the 'anniversary' edition which comes ready 'chipped'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: