2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2012 LC5 Safety Camera Alerts in navigation system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liverboy47

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:44    Post subject: 2012 LC5 Safety Camera Alerts in navigation system Reply with quote

Hi fellow LC owners - this is my first post so please be patient with me if I ramble a bit! Just traded in my trusty 120 series (2005 LC4) which we had owned since nearly new, for a December 2012 150 series LC5 with just 8000 miles on the clock (the 120 was up to 118,000 miles and as we have recently retired and tow a large twin-axle caravan (1900kg) around Europe decided it was time to change). I've only owned the vehicle 10 days and still working my way through the manuals but I can't seem to find a way of activating safety camera alerts on the navigation system (we test drove a 2011 LC4 several weeks ago which had the alerts active during the drive and expected my car to have the same function). Can anyone help/advise or do I need to approach the dealer?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've an 2011 LC5 anniversary, I'll check if I've that feature and let you know.
liverboy47

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response, I look forward to hearing from you again Question
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Apols for taking so long, my LC doesn't have safety camera alerts.
liverboy47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 18:19    Post subject: 2012 LC5 Safety Camera Alerts in navigation system Reply with quote

Thanks for your efforts my friend.

I've now checked with Toyota GB via my local dealership and their reply is that the LC5 doesn't include the feature in the navigation system because the vehicle has so much other 'stuff' (terrain response & camera systems etc) on the hard drive, there isn't space for the the safety camera elements! I suppose the logical question must be 'well, why didn't you upgrade the HD then to accomodate all features - it wouldn't make that much difference on a £50k vehicle' - would it?
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've just bought a new RAV4 Invincible, and has the latest Satnav, it's pretty neat features, safety cameras etc.

Agree, it's a shame they didn't do it for the LC.
CJM625

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on my 150 invincible.

120 Invincible Grey with Grey

150 Invincible Black with Beige
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: