4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

photo bucket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiss-the-guns

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 18:53    Post subject: photo bucket Reply with quote

i have just bought a 90 series Very Happy would like to post pics problem is i take the pic with a lumix g1 cammera then put them on to photobucket but the picture is really small try to resize but lose resolution, checked the camera thats all good can anyone help please Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 18:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:38    Post subject: Re: photo bucket Reply with quote

I had a look at the specification in the "What Digital Camera.com" review. It looks like a compact and very useable piece of kit.

Check the "File format" that you are using, the spec shows these options:

RAW / RAW+Fine / RAW+Standard/ Fine / Standard

You won't need RAW (uncompressed files) unless you are using some special software to view and edit the pics. The JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group) compression algorithm is fine for all amateur purposes.

I would set the camera to 'Fine' as this should give a higher resolution photo. There will be fewer photos available on your card as these files will be larger.

Take a few pics with this setting and look at them using "Windows Photo & Fax Viewer" - they should fill the screen. If they just appear as a small picture in the centre of the screen the resolution is too low.

I noticed that the sensor is smaller than on conventional digital SLRs. I don't think that should be a problem as I don't have problems with my digital compact cameras (Nikon Coolpics) when compared with my Digital SLR (Nikon D200 - with its DX sensor).

Let us know which file size you were using. If it was "Fine" I guess I'm talking through my hat  Laughing .

Interesting one this.

Bob.
kiss-the-guns

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bob thanks for the reply the camera is set to jpeg not raw  Very Happy
BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiss-the-guns wrote:
Hi bob thanks for the reply the camera is set to jpeg not raw  Very Happy

But was it set to "Standard" or "Fine" ??

"Fine" should give the highest resolution.

I would have expected more options for setting the resolution, maybe the spec' sheet I saw wasn't complete. Are there any clues in the handbook ??

Bob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: