Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fitting usb to LC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Electrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireman 263

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 21:48    Post subject: Fitting usb to LC Reply with quote

Hi ,Back im 2009 Crispin entered a topic on how to install usb ports to the fascia of a LC. I now want to do this mod and have bought the necessary parts to achieve this. I am hoping to do this a little different in as much I just want to fix a 4 port usb hub to my LC,using a voltage regulator (with heatsink) and inline fuse. The regulator has 3 pins IN (12v) out (5v) and common earth being the centre pin. Can anyone tell me how I would wire the Red ,White Green and Black wires from the usb hub to the 3 pin regulator also the negative from the 12v supply. I would hate to get this wrong and blow my Satnav,Laptop and Bullet Cam. Cheers. Mike
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 21:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will only use the outside 2 connections.

Connection 1 is + 5v
Connection 4 is Ground (0v)

connections 2&3 are data, which you should leave alone.

vette
fireman 263

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:19    Post subject: usb Reply with quote

Hello Vette, Thank you for the info,much appreciated. Mike
KhaldounCG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30    Post subject: More detail needed for VXR 2008 Reply with quote

Hi, I was searching for topics related to installing USB to LC, and the answer you had is very quick and short, while it is really tough for me to know how to do it.

would you please provide more details about it? what is the device which need to be installed into the screen and how to do the internal cabling ....etc?

Appreciate if you can educate me with more info about this

Thanks in advance
fireman 263

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 23:31    Post subject: fitting usb to lc Reply with quote

Hello,Since I did this modification to install permenant usb ports to my LC dashboard loads of usb/cigar lighter plug (power plug) devices have come on the market at very cheap prices. It is now easier to buy one or two of these devices and if you want to expand the number of ports just connect a multi hub usb device to one of these. Cheers. mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Electrics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: