Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LC200 re-map/"box"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foxhunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 22:48    Post subject: LC200 re-map/"box"? Reply with quote

I am looking at upgrades for my V8 4.5 diesel LC200 - whilst I see from this site, that Lindop, a main dealer in the NW provides a service,it is via a third party, and is not an "official" Toyota upgrade?
Any views please/ Tally ho, "Foxhunter"
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 22:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rangrov

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have just spoken to John at lindop  queensferry nr chester uk 01244821031 I will be having the diesel engine chip fitted to improve fuel consumption  and also the new gearbox electronic eco lock, the problem is that I want to run my vehicle up to 5000 miles first, oh well only 4500 to go, I will post results when the work has been carried out.
Tetleys

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rangrov

I am just in the throws of changing 2004 Amazon 4.7 V8 to a 200 .

How have you gone on with the mods by Lindrop in Chester ?

Cheers

Tetleys
Tetleys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having done 4500 miles in my new v8 i took the plunge and had the chip and autoflash done by John at Lindrop Bros in Wrexham.

Heres the extract from my e mail to John this week following a month or so of driving. Hope you guys find the info helpful

What a great improvement to the car.

Firstly the whole engine/transmission has come alive. With gentle and hard driving the pick up is instant , and under normal driving you can waft along without having to use much throttle .
Overtaking is now a delight given the much quicker gear changes and the masses of torque.

On the mpg front , in simple terms i have experienced the following:

Round town without booting it i am getting 22/23 mpg which is up from late teens

72 to 76 on the motorway a very mild improvement and getting 26 mpg, up from 24/25, and above this speed much the same around 22/23 which for a big motor being pushed through the air isn’t bad.

The big and massive change, and its the area which i wanted most change is in the 62 to 66 speed area, not just for towing , but for gentle cruising on dual carriageways and A roads. The gearbox no longer
has the 68/70 speed limiter on dropping into 6th so now on a light throttle the box locks up in 6th at 61/62 and holds at this speed , ideally 64 is perfect , at this speed the revs drop from around 1800 to 1450/1500
and what a marked improvement in consumption. Previously no matter how you drove it 28/29 mpg was the best achievable, i.e 64 isn at 1800 revs or 71 ish at 1600 revs. On a recent run back from Wales i reset the
computer at Abergele and achieved 33.8 average all the way back to Manchester at a steady speed of 64 !! what a great result as the car has now done 4500 miles and as the engine continues to loosen up we may see
a tiny improvement on this.

To sum up the two mods have transformed the drive of the car which in itself is great, but with the added performance when wanted, but with the ability to achieve a comfortable saving on fuel.
lometun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 20:03    Post subject: Warranty question Reply with quote

Your mods seem to all make sense but what will Toyota say if something like the gearbox was to go wrong in a big way.
On the previous 100 models i have known of 1 that required replacement under warranty although the car was standard.
I bet that you would have a problem with Toyota if something was to go bang, even if the mods had nothing to do with it.
I do think the gearbox on the 200 needs some work though and Toyota should issue some mods to stop it keep changing down so often.
mks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I know this is an old thread but just wondering how things were going with the mods?

Martin
Tetleys

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin

The mods proved to be a great purchase.

I recently sold the car with 35000 miles and never had any issues.

Cheers

tetleys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: