Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Market for Fj40s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saracen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 13:07    Post subject: Market for Fj40s Reply with quote

Hi
I stumbled upon this forum while trying to look for a decent FJ40 at a good price but it seems like its a rare breed at least in south east. I can only imagine the reason being that they were never imported to the UK to protect Land rover in the 70s. I found a couple of them on e bay and cars&classic but they are either left hand drive or in a need of restoration.
Do you guys think there is a market for right hand FJ40s? I am thinking to import one from either Australia or Japan and I was thinking if there is a market, I might as well import two.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 13:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mark4x4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Also living in the southeast, would love to find one,  have thought many times about importing one, was going to import one from indonesia but the import duty is high?
don't mind sharing a container?
brulift

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 0:14    Post subject: Re: Market for Fj40s Reply with quote

Hi
We have got about 40 fjs here in Brunei.
if anyone wants one let me know, they are not easy to get it has taken me a couple of years to get one.
I saw one on Labuan island (Malaysia) last week, looked like a reasonable sub frame body work is a bit *beep*, but generally it was all there.
It was used by a diving company as a advertising, i think that the diving company was called extreme diving!! Guess they might sell it.
Pete
saracen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
It seems like they are generally going up in value. I am just wondering to look for a left hand drive which has a bigger market or a right hand drive which is only limited to the UK. Most of the 40's I have seen so far are all left hand drive.
As far as sharing a container is concerned I dont mind but I dont how it will work.
saracen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
It seems like they are generally going up in value. I am just wondering to look for a left hand drive which has a bigger market or a right hand drive which is only limited to the UK. Most of the 40's I have seen so far are all left hand drive.
As far as sharing a container is concerned I dont mind but I dont how it will work.
saracen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
schuit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumbled upon this thread.

I am in the process of selling my RHD Toyota FJ40 1977 with toyota powersteering and fairey overdrive and other gimmicks. Would be easy to drive it to the UK. What site would you recommend for me to post an ad to attract serious contenders? And what would the value range be for a rust free FJ?

Thanks
rogerc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Fellow LC Aficionados,
I have owned my Landcruiser BJ40  RHD for seventeen years and have loved every minute of it. As I am now getting on in years I have decided to sell it and get something a little more back friendly!
If there is anyone out there that might be interested?
I can be contacted on 01844291416 or 07551199044
Regards, Roger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: