Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

The top 10 Apps for travelling overland and abroad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Overland / offroad preparation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surfy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39    Post subject: The top 10 Apps for travelling overland and abroad Reply with quote

Here are my favorite top 10 list of apps for travelling overland abroad.

Some of these apps are very useful because they offer access also while offline, others are helpful because they give you more out of a bad internet connection, or to stay in contact with your family and friends.

Like a Wifi-Scanner who shows you where you can get internet access, or an app who compress any internet traffic.

I`m pretty shure that there are apps on this list you didnt know or functions of known apps who are new to you.

Since I currently mostly use iOS devices (iPad, iPhone), this top list is done for these iOS based devides. But you should be able to find similar functionality too on Android or Windows based phones or tablets.

Here is the article:

4x4tripping: The 10 most important apps for Overlanders

Since it is expensive to try out many apps arround travelling, i think these lists are helpful for other travellers. So if you think that you know an App who should be named there too- please write a comment or post here your suggestions.

Surfy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wobbly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

On our last trip I had a few episodes of a podcast downloaded, sat and listened to them one night when it was damp - I reckon podcasts are a great idea for travel, they tend to get recorded in smaller 'bite size' segments.

Good idea for a thread, there are just so many apps now, sorting the useful from the *beep* can be hard.

Pete
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a sat-nav anymore ... mobile apps are amazing now!  We've both downloaded NavFree <-- FREE

So far, works without a hitch!

Simon thumbright
Surfy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

wobbly wrote:
On our last trip I had a few episodes of a podcast downloaded, sat and listened to them one night when it was damp - I reckon podcasts are a great idea for travel, they tend to get recorded in smaller 'bite size' segments.

Good idea for a thread, there are just so many apps now, sorting the useful from the *beep* can be hard.

Pete

Good point with that Podcasts - because they are easy to update! Thank for the hint!

Surfy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Overland / offroad preparation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: