Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

HZJ78 import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Import specific Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xcentric7881

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:36    Post subject: HZJ78 import Reply with quote

Does anyone have definitive information on how to import an HZJ78 into the UK?

I think I can:
(i) buy from a German distributor I've found, who have the car imported and Euro5 compliant, but it's expensive (and lhd)
(ii) get a <10 year old one and have it SVA approved, BUT I understand that most LandCruisers would not pass the emissions tests and therefore it would fail, and so that's not a good route
(iii) get one with a Certificate of Conformity to make it easy to pass the approvals test - i.e. buy one made for another EU country and import it - but where do I buy a vehicle with one of those from? Website links helpful!

Can I buy it from the UAE/Turkey - am assuming I can but it would be older Euro standard and so fail SVA, so not much use?

Can I buy it from Japan and import it directly? Does anyone have a contact with a Japanese exporter they recommend? Or can I use Toyota in Japan directly?

(rhd is preferred, but lhd would be ok.  New is preferred, or very recent s/h).

thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Import specific Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: