Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Speedo Cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brembo68

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 14:13    Post subject: Speedo Cable Reply with quote

Hi. I need to replace the speedo cable on my BJ40. Can anyone suggest a UK source? I noticed an old post about using a cable from a different model of Toyota - does anyone know which model or part number? Or am I just best getting an aftermarket one one from say Coolcruisers for 22 dollars?

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 14:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Brembo68

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very quiet forum......is there anyone out there???   Sad

Rang my local dealer parts guy and he was very helpful. They had one in the warehouse in Brussels. Free delivery to the dealership and he even marked it VOR (Vehicle Off Road) to get it here quicker. Very Happy

Faith in humanity restored....
Lc99g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:51    Post subject: Silence Reply with quote

I would say that the lack of replies to anybody's questions on this forum reflects the fact that there can't be many 40s here in the uk. Scotland here too by the way.
Brembo68

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy A voice from the void!!! Have you got a 40?

I tend to use the Aussie Facebook groups now, as they have all the answers!
Lc99g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:05    Post subject: The void. Reply with quote

Yep I have a 40, I bought it in aus as an unfinished project just needing a throttle cable and a speedo cable and that me about finished. Aus Facebook sounds interesting but I'm afraid I don't really know how to work it !! Where about are you in Scotland ?
Brembo68

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the parts you can still get from Toyota if you know the part number. If you look on japan-parts.eu and plug in your model code then look up the relevant part and click on it, it will give you the number. Sometimes the number is different for Oz models, then you have to look up the European equivalent by using a Euro model from the same year. I could look up the speedo cable if you want as I got mine from Elgin.

I'm down in Aberdeenshire. Currently have a BJ42 LX project and 1969 FJ45 arriving this week....

I think there are a few about up here, although I've never seen one myself!! Maybe we should get a Scottish group going??
Lc99g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 14:37    Post subject: The void. Reply with quote

Yep I have a 40, I bought it in aus as an unfinished project just needing a throttle cable and a speedo cable and that me about finished. Aus Facebook sounds interesting but I'm afraid I don't really know how to work it !! Where about are you in Scotland ?
Lc99g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 14:38    Post subject: Oops Reply with quote

Oops
Lc99g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 14:39    Post subject: The void. Reply with quote

Lc99g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 14:48    Post subject: !! Reply with quote

Haven't a clue how I managed to send that msg another twice I'll try again to reply !!
Funny you mention Elgin, I phoned wallaces this morning and they are going to try and get my bits. Re Scottish group, if this forum is anything to go by it'll just be the two of us .lol
Brembo68

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 22:29    Post subject: Re: !! Reply with quote

Lc99g wrote:
. Re Scottish group, if this forum is anything to go by it'll just be the two of us .lol

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing occasion5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: