Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Is there a national rally ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mal.Eade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 16:55    Post subject: Tag on Reply with quote

A tag on to Another show would be good and a weekend one with camping would be ideal.

We can all sit round drinking beer and talking Sh*t.  That sounds good to me.

What about the Eastnor show they have plenty of room there and we can take the pi** out of the Landy boys.

What we need is one of the suppliers of LC bits to offer a prize for the best truck farthest traveled etc

All sounds good to me

Malcolm

LCVX80/93
Other toys including Boats/ Motorbikes/ forklift truck
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 16:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon.... by far the best way would be to have a TLOCUK stand at JAE. Smile

I have been to JAE a few times now and it is a good event. This year is a better location than last as Wicksteed Park is so easy to get to and better placed for members to make the journey.

Come on guys put your names down as attendees for JAE.

Sadly I will not be on the TLOCUK stand as my LC will be sold in a few weeks time, however I will be on the Toyota Owners Club stand. All anyone needs to look out for is a dark blue Avensis tourer/estate. Very Happy
Mal.Eade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 19:28    Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

It might just be me but what the hell is JAE?

Its ok for all you guys that know lots but the people we want are the people who dont know everything like me.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAE is the Japanese Auto Extravaganza <-- have a look see Smile
rodger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who used to organise big car shows, racing events etc, I would suggest that first of all you have to decide what you want out of a national event: is it that you want to have joe public admire your LCs or is it an event where loads of like minded people enjoy their LCs.

If it's an event where joe gets to ooh & aah at your pride and joy then tack it on to another event (I would suggest that it's 4x4 orientated) and then tell the LC traders that the club is going to have a presence.

If is it an event where you want to enjoy you LCs then develop Lincomb Farm or find another similar venue that has offroad facilities, camping, loos, countryside for those who dont want to go offroad etc.

To develop the event at LF Tony (owner of both venue and LCs) and Julian would need help - that is if they want traders , countryside road rides, green laning (which has been done before from LF) But it all costs.... time & money.

So what do you really want from such an event?

Regards,
Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
sined

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for something like this when I first joined the club - then I was looking to see if there a TLC mag available to see what other bits and bobs are available... a bit of a blank in both areas.

One of my other cars is a Talbot Sunbeam BRM16V, and that car is 'serviced' by the ASOC club. I attended the first ever national club meeting. Over 80 cars turned up. There was a campsite, portaloo a pub - and a greasy spoon cafe nearby for breakfast and hangover cure the next morning. The event ran over the weekend as a first ever event - it was great.

Now with a bit of a ring round to the 4X4 bods - Milner & Frogs for example - ones that you all know that service, sell parts and prepare TLC - I'm reasonable sure you could cover the cost of hiring a field and 'some facilities' by them stumping up 100 quid or so to allow them to pitch up a tent and show off their goods to all us potential customers - also TLC owners/anybody that wants to sell off the odd 'valuable but going spare' stock you could ask for a 'contribution' to the cost of the field. It's not like we all need 4Star camping. Me - I'll use my rooftent and the pub.

The biggest issue I can see is getting people off their backsides and coming along.... you'll need at least 100 cars turning up to make if worthwhile for traders - more cars on the Sunday. Then you'll have to think about classes of cars, 60,70,80,100,200 etc , oldest, modified, orginal TLC, most travelled , highest mileage etc.. stump up a few quid for the 'tin cups' - you've also got to think of a few things to keep people 'on-site' for a few hours... off road challange prehaps... precision driving - etc

Me - I'd turn up as long as I'm in the country and it was do-able over a weekend and didn't clash with anything else 4x4 I have planned.
tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry - maybe I've misunderstood but ...

I was thinking more along the lines of EITHER ...

Joining in with an all-marques, national event, such as the JAE <-- Click for info

OR

Getting enough TLOCUK members together to do a dedicated TLOCUK event

Simon dontknow

Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

tlocuk wrote:
I'm sorry - maybe I've misunderstood but ...

I was thinking more along the lines of EITHER ...

Joining in with an all-marques, national event, such as the JAE <-- Click for info

OR

Getting enough TLOCUK members together to do a dedicated TLOCUK event

Simon dontknow

With respect to all here in TLOCUK I have to say there is little or no chance of getting enough members together for a dedicated event Sad  I really suggest chipping in with the Toyota Owners Club (TOC) and joining them on their pitch at JAE Smile

For those of us that use both club websites we already know that the guys over at TOC are a good bunch that would be extremely welcoming on the day. Does anyone want me to send a message to the admin team of TOC and get their thoughts on this suggestion?
Darkeyes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be up for a dedicated event provided it didnt clash.
Why not get all members to vote to see if its worthwhile?
Ask for some cash upfront to put of time wasters/gobsh#ts!
Mal.Eade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:21    Post subject: What is wanted Reply with quote

We should have a list of things that are required before we start looking for a show to be part of.

Such as;

2 day show with Camping

Off Road track

A show that is midway between most people.

Just a few thoughts.

Add to the list

Malcolm

(I did look for a show with dancing girls and free beer but it was a bit expensive on the entry fee)
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I am sorry but I sense apathy will rule on this subject hence I feel there is no chance of a 'stand alone' TLOCUK event Sad

I still feel those that are interested in a get together would be better off to pitch in with TOC at JAE in Spetember Smile
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the weblink to the Japanese Auto Extravaganza has changed to this here so please have a look see Smile
highanddry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was taking some time to read the site, and came across your ideas for a national event.
Alot of ideas passing around, but time is getting on and nothing seems to be happening from what i can make out?
Perhaps this should be organised for 2010?
It would give us more time to organise such an idea?
Just one thought came to mind for me, surely all this is promoting Toyota as a brand name? In which case, it seems logical to me to get the company on our side, and invite them to help or assist in both financial and event management. I'm sure they would be interested with the right sales pitch from someone.
Simon.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

highanddry wrote:
I was taking some time to read the site, and came across your ideas for a national event.
Alot of ideas passing around, but time is getting on and nothing seems to be happening from what i can make out?
Perhaps this should be organised for 2010?
It would give us more time to organise such an idea?
Just one thought came to mind for me, surely all this is promoting Toyota as a brand name? In which case, it seems logical to me to get the company on our side, and invite them to help or assist in both financial and event management. I'm sure they would be interested with the right sales pitch from someone.
Simon.

It is a good idea but one that has already been considered by the Toyota Owners Club (TOC).... they had Toyota GB onside when JAE was last at Peterborough but sadly Toyota did not wish to get involved last year and certainly will not be involved this year either simply because of the current financial climate Sad

I do not wish to come across as a 'kill joy' but there is no chance of getting enough TLOCUK members interested and motivated to be able to arrange a 'National' event. So why is it that there are not a few members here that want to join up with the TOC members at JAE this year Confused Both clubs promote the Toyota brand and TOC certainly has a decently lively Land Cruiser section.

So guys, if you REALLY want a meeting where Land Cruiser owners can meet up then the obvious place to do that is at the Japanese Auto Extravagaza Very Happy The only thing you would have to do is let TOC know you are going, drive down, pay your entry fee and place your car on the TOC stand.... is that easy or not Wink
highanddry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jap thing sounds good, if it's worth the trip, a group of us could get together and go along perhaps representing our corner of the Toyota group of clubs.
One other thing that could be fun, organising some caravan rallies through out the year. It doesn't require much planning, and there are plenty of sites to choose from, plus taking a long journey to meet up just wouldn't be an issue...there could be meets all over the country.
Rules : Turn up towing your caravan WITH a Landcruiser.
Some might 'bring there's along' which would spoil the idea personaly.
There could be prizes for longest distance travelled, oldest there, ...etc.
Simon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: