NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Is there a national rally ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

highanddry wrote:
The jap thing sounds good, if it's worth the trip, a group of us could get together and go along perhaps representing our corner of the Toyota group of clubs.....
....Simon.

Yes Simon.... I totally agree, thi is what JAE was set up for so that like minded people can go along and have a chat, laugh and see some interesting cars.

I know the guys at TOC and they would be very happy for as many people from TLOCUK to join them for either a day or the entire weekend.... so as there is no organising to do why don't a few people from here go along Confused There are a few that want to meet up and the location is convenient.

Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:10; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 19:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Channel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the discussion on  Toyota events and the input from Big Andy It would be great to get back to the all makes shows that used to the norm in the early 90's.  The West Wycombe show, an annual event in the 90's and was run by the 4x4 and Off-Road Magazine, and it was brilliant.  Each manufacturer had his own area to demonstrate their vehicles, there was a public off-road route, which was well organized.  The problem now is that apart from 4X4 shows being considered non PC because of all this CO2 claptrap, it would be very difficult, and expensive to arrange something that has been out of fashion for some time.  Two options remain, one is to have an online organized gathering at a large off-road site, or go to Billing and go out in convoy on the off-road route.  The mud hole caused some difficulty for the Land Rover drivers , but all the Cruisers got through. DVD available.  

Channel
80 Series 4.2 GS
Springer Spaniel ( Fostered)
Big-Andy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can't go to all the shows - So this year I'm going to the Jap"n"Jeep show.

Anyone else fancy going and meeting up?
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 17:23    Post subject: hi all Reply with quote

ill deff go to jap an jeep show as long as my jeeps running by then

and go to jae in my garryed rustcort yes i know its not jap but have garrey mates with jap cars

i went to the fast show last year as i enjoy modiffied 4x4s as long as they are lc's and modiffied cars

at the fast show my lc was on a car club racing stand to show diversity in the club and yes there was a lot of morons there drifting between tents and so
on but still enjoyed the weekend as there was a good lapdancing bar there lol Twisted Evil  oh and the dragracing and so on was good too

but think that it would be nice for lc owners to get together proberly at a 4x4 show and for a real lot of us to get together would be awsome .
and it would be nice not only getting bits from stands but would be good but to gain knowledge of the lcs from other members and gian knowledge of off road driving as tho i go offroad and dont often get stuck its more down to the lc than my own driving skills so the chance to offroad with thos who know would be more wot i was looking for  Smile

when i think 4x4 i think fields greenlanes mud hills in the middle of now where rather then a more organised genral events

but just a good old get to gether any where will be nice tho Smile

you have only one life, enjoy.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tack it on at Lincomb in April - the more that go, the merrier  Laughing
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 18:54    Post subject: hi all Reply with quote

i was going to but its very off road at the mo the gearbox is £1500 broken Rolling Eyes but hope to make the event thats on later this year Wink

Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is anyone up for a meeting? I mean a real meeting and not a virtual one Confused

There is a lot of talk here regarding having a meeting but no progress towards actually having one. I have tried to suggest a venue where members here don't have to organise anything but still no one puts their name forward to attend Sad

I know this is critical.... but there is a decent amount of 'talk talk' and no 'do do' Rolling Eyes
24Seven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
So is anyone up for a meeting? I mean a real meeting and not a virtual one Confused

There is a lot of talk here regarding having a meeting but no progress towards actually having one. I have tried to suggest a venue where members here don't have to organise anything but still no one puts their name forward to attend Sad

I know this is critical.... but there is a decent amount of 'talk talk' and no 'do do' Rolling Eyes

We have already had one this year and we had one last year, I guess we will have a meet up again in the summer sometime as well  Confused  Razz

On top of that a lot of members are going to Lincomb Farm, so its not all "talk talk" from some of us  Laughing
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

24Seven wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

We have already had one this year and we had one last year, I guess we will have a meet up again in the summer sometime as well  Confused  Razz

On top of that a lot of members are going to Lincomb Farm, so its not all "talk talk" from some of us  Laughing

Thats a very fair comment but sadly you are one of the very few Sad
Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shame but the degree of displayed enthusiasm for a meeting is extremely underwhelming Confused

Guys.... the suggestions have been put forward for meetings so if you want one then do something about it.... otherwise keep talking about it and keep doing nothing Sad

I know I will enjoy my time at JAE with or without any members from TLOCUK being there Smile
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might come to jae but the lc will be broken for a good time yet so will have to come in the rustcort  Crying or Very sad

Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well it has been over 1 month since anyone posted here and this is, in my opinion, a clear and obvious display of intent to have a rally of any type Confused

Yes there are a few of you that make an effort and I hope you always enjoy your meetings in the future. To those of you that have asked about a meeting.... a location and date have been suggested but still hardly anyone steps forward.... sadly this shows this forum is far too much 'talk talk' and virtually **** all else:(

My LC is going in the next few days so I will not be returning here so, guys I hope you enjoy your virtual isolation on here salute wave
SilverCruiser

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:02    Post subject: Newie Member Reply with quote

Hi

I have read the posts on this subject and it seem everyone want to go to different places.
I do go to a few shows a year and seem to meet up with LC owners in the car park. The next show for me will be Eastnor castle 4x4 Weekend 6th 7th June any one else going.

Maybe we could get one corner of the car park reserver for LC owners just say 10/20 30 spaces then at least we would all be in one spot.

Just a thought, I dont want to tread on any ones toes.

SC
idrubie
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be heading up to Eastnor for the Sunday.  Always happy to talk Cruisers at an LR show  Very Happy

Ian
rodger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 23:09    Post subject: Jap 'n Jeep Reply with quote

Reading through this thread , a few seem to threatening to go Jap 'n Jeep and I think my 40 will be finished by then so am thinking of going on the Sunday. Who is going? Are there enough to contemplate a club stand?

Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: