All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

L.E.D Light replacement in and out/tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogerlandcruiser

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23    Post subject: L.E.D Light replacement in and out/tyres Reply with quote

Hi All,

I spoke to my local dealer to find out what fitting the bulbs were for all the internal lights including the paddle door/sid steps and side lights were in my 60th Anniversary LC?

They told me that apart from the sun visor vanity lights they are all "W5W" or 501 fitting.

So I ordered 10 LED bulbs for the inside and 5 for the outside (side lights and reg plate illumination with one spare) total cost was around £12 including delivery.

I replaced the side lights on my little skoda city go last year but these were about £28 a pair but the W5W is a very common fitting so I think that is why there is a price difference.

I will let you know how I get on.

Has any one else tried replacing their bulbs with LED? Service department said that there should be no problems as LED lights emit less heat and draw less current.

I also ordered two budget tyres from Black circles for £85 each including balance/fitting and im going to get the tracking done as the tyres have rubbed on the outer edge - dealer advised me - cost £69
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rogerlandcruiser

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly the tyres were rated as C C 72Db the same as tyres £50+

Roger Land Cruiser

2011 plate 60th Anniversary LC in Astral Black

Mods: LED internal lighting replacement and LED side lights/Rear number plate Illumination.
rogerlandcruiser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 19:30    Post subject: Led lights Reply with quote

Well I've had a fun few weeks attempting to change the interior lights of my LC.

Bought some led bulbs off amazon - w5w bulbs which looked like two small printed circuit boards glued together, no plastic cover over the terminals or LEDs. So I started on the paddle light drivers door. Popped it out easy enough. Swapped the bulbs, it lit then put the cover back on and the bulb went out. A few seconds later and a light ploom of smoke came out of the door somewhere. By the time I realised what had happened it was too late. I took the bulb out, put the original bulb in and  it didn't work. I realised at that point that the cover had put pressure on the bulb enough to short out the terminals across the car bulb terminals. Took it to Toyota - £70 for new door wiring loom and another £210 to fit.....*beep*! *beep* *beep*,😡😫 the bulbs went back and I got a full refund.

Bought some new ones from e bay which were fully enclosed in plastic and proceeded today to change all the interior bulbs. Changed 10 bulbs and they now all work nice and white light. I couldn't do the front courtesy lights as it was too fiddly so will get Toyota to do that.
Was quite straightforward actually.

Roger Land Cruiser

2011 plate 60th Anniversary LC in Astral Black

Mods: LED internal lighting replacement and LED side lights/Rear number plate Illumination.
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Interesting to hear.

I've put DRL's into the fog light surrounds and looks OK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: