NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Prado audio help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePiper
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 22:10    Post subject: Prado audio help Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help with a head unit and speakers for my car.  I have a Colorado 95 but as my wife is going to be working in Malawi for a year, we bought another one, albeit the Japanese Prado model.  The car was bought last minute and whilst I managed to get most of the mechanical prep work completed before shipping it, one thing I didn't get around to was sorting the stereo.  It was fitted with an old double din unit but the sound was horrible and really distorted so I will be looking to fit a new head unit (and speakers if needed).  The problem is I have no idea where to buy these when we meet the car in Dar Es Salaam.  Ideally I'd like to buy a new unit here and take it with me to fit there.  My question is this - does anyone know if the connections in the Prado are the same as the UK model?  I've no skill whatsoever with this stuff but would rather give it a go than having to hunt around for an audio place when I get to Dar.  If it came to it, I would consider removing the head unit from my Colorado, fitting it to the Prado then getting a new one for myself when I get home.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.  Apologies for what is perhaps a really dumb question!

Cheers
Ryan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 22:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: