Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Scorpion racing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London luke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 0:32    Post subject: Scorpion racing Reply with quote

Just happen to be 2 mins away from me. so went down to book 2.4 Prado in for a "look over" and I was amazed at the place! Far bigger than I imagined and what a shop !!   some very "trick" bits in there !!

Will be good to have such a established company near to look after . Very friendly and able to 'talk layman" rather than going right over my head with 4x4 talk !!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 0:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

London luke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I have just returned from them. Within seconds of arriving they had the car on the ramp !! Collin then made me a great cup of coffee and I looked around their  'Aladins Cave" . The guys spent about 40 mins checking the car and came up with a small list of things top do. This list was all good news. For its age etc its in good condition and there is just the odd thigs to do(odd gasket and brake pads)

But the tyres (and wheels) need to go !!  They ar efine for the road only, but because they are standard fit I am limited to tyre choice etc . I am 10000000% sure about the fact that I will have BF A\T tyres.  So will change the rims to some Steel ones (I am not a "Fancy wheel guy" !!)  then less issues if I need a new tyre etc in the future.

Very friendly set up with keen guys. What I liked most was the fact that everything was explained to me in terms that I could understand.

So..any one want to buy my original 16inchs (excellent condition ) ?? !! complete with good Dunlops road tyres that still have a bit of miles left.
nicolp40

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luke, i have just picked up a 98 vx colorado 3.4 and live in the enfield area i am looking out for a good company to look after the beast. have you any address details of scorpion phone number etc. cheers ps how much do you want for the wheels and tryes? cheers paul.
London luke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicolp40

Scorpion Racing are huge ! they have their own races etc

I reccon they are a  more land/Range rover  company. But they seem to be very honest and this counts for a lot in my book.

I am not sure if this forum allows links?? so its here until they delete it if so? !!

www.scorpionracing.co.uk  (not a link so you will have to copy and paste)

te: 0208 211 4888

ask for Collin. its not far from you. hit the A406 and go to the tescos at Colney hatch/ as you drive in they are at the back past the car wash guys.

see what you think. I am sure for basic stuff like oil changes etc you will be ok with any mechanic. Just make sure you use original filters. I dont ever skimp on filters. cheap ones tend to be rubbish !

wheels ???

Mine are 16 inch 6j type with 215,80,16 tyres (dunlops grand trek x 4, spare is some other make)

they dont sell for much !! Mine are in as good a condition as you will ever find , almost mint. cant sell until I find some new rims and have the new BFGoddrich AT tyres fitted.

Why do you need them??

Luke
nicolp40

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luke, thanks for the quick reply, i have checked out the web site its all land rover stuff as you said. thanks anyway. i was just curious about the the tyres i have just got my colorado and it came with bf goodrich a/t tyres fitted on it. the ride is a bit bumpy on tarmac i was  thinking about putting ordinary road tyres on to see if it was smoother and better mpg. thanks again for the info. cheers paul.
Pugwash

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just joined the forum and this is my only second post and i don't want to come across as a spammer/troll BUT:

it is with some amusement i read this thread- in the LR forum world scorpion are often referrred to as scrapiron following some very poor customer service experiences and some very under hand trading methods.

i can't post a link, but i would say that people like Devon4x4 and OEC4x4 have a much much better reputation in the land rover world for actually knowing what they are talking about and being able to offer advice and producst that work!

just my 2 pennethworth, and solely an opinion (before i get flamed for being a total spammer)
mick the digger!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there gone now anyway, but theres a new company with all the same gear.....but wait colin only works for them! pricless!!
anyone ever see "race to dakar" with charlie boorman (spelling) scorpion racing prepped the bmw x5 they were to use as a support vehicle.....it was a disaster!
the x5 was in the advert until the tv programme came out....then it disappeared!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: