Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Landcruiser Amazon VX 4.5 ltr J80G - Suspension lifting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPRoberts121

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 15:30    Post subject: Landcruiser Amazon VX 4.5 ltr J80G - Suspension lifting Reply with quote

Hi technical bods, a techie question 4 U all.

Have fitted LPG on my Amazon Landcruiser VX 1998 4.5 ltr truck.

Althought the LPG is great it does lower the clearance and the new tow bar I have had fitted is at the same height for protection.

The problem is that I intend to take my truck over to Morocco and over the Atlas mountains, so I want to regain the ground clearance. Is there any way that I can raise the truck without causing further problems as the truck has a button for raising and lowering the ride height for normal and sports mode.
I would like to retain this functionality raising and lowering functionality.

Is it possible to buy some shocks that adjust and would I need extended length brake pipes etc...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 15:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do a suspension or body lift, have a look at this site for more info, http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Landcruiser_80.html
seight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 15:22    Post subject: Lifting Reply with quote

I have the exact same car except it's a 1997 and doesn't have adjustable suspension. A cheaper route than all new suspension is to do what I did when my rear springs were a bit saggy. I bought just the rear springs from Supertrux and their service was superb. I got the springs the next day and had them fitted. They were £114 for the pair inc vat + delivery and have rasied the back of the car at least 2 inches. They don't affect the ride too much but don't sag at all when the car is loaded up. Speak to Supertrux by phone and explain what you need and they'll tell you whether you can fit them to your car with adjustable suspension. Chances are that you can because they don't affect the shocks or the brake lines.

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: