Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Colarado Safety Recall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Townsend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm wonder how inventive they will be with the excuses!!!
let us know we can all have a chuckle!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

tigger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi folks my LC had its recall work done a while ago. 2 days in toyota garage because of problems with seized handbrake parts . Free car £15 of fuel, bottle of champagne and the LC washed very impressed Very Happy
24Seven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Townsend wrote:
mmmm wonder how inventive they will be with the excuses!!!
let us know we can all have a chuckle!!!

Phoned them today, "it was an oversite Sir" "please come in and we will give you your fuel and Booze"

Cheers guys for the info  Laughing
24Seven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the champagne, but not the fuel yet.

I visited today, but they expected me to first wait there, until a driver came back to the dealers, for which they had no idea how long this would take and then when I said this was not acceptable they said that one of the office guys would take my car to the local petrol station, but unfortunately I was in my other Toyota so they refused to put the fuel in that car and asked me to yet again drive out to their dealership at a later date with the correct Toyota.

They're cheeky monkeys, I never once had a hint of an apology in fact it was as though I was a nuisance for daring to ask!! (Maybe I was making it one less bottle of booze for the “Staff Party”)

It was Westover Toyota (Bournemouth)  Shame on them  Wink
Jim Townsend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you possibly hit the nail on the head there, thats partly why I contacted Toyota direct, plus the fact that it lets them know that some of the dealers are being less than honest,
I did have to wait for a short while to get the fuel, but not long, and they were falling over each other to be polite and helpfull,
I was probably being called some nasty names, "out the back" but who cares I got my goodies!!!!

Jim....
24Seven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate main dealers, they sit there in their shiny High Tec show rooms and look down on their customer’s imo, the sooner the internet kills them off the better.

But that can be used against them when needed. Wink

Boys………….. Go and have a look around the nice mans cars and here is a chocolate biscuit to eat whilst we are waiting  Laughing

At the end of the day, the dealers will come and go but my Hilux / LC will last forever (maybe)  Very Happy
lift man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just bought a 1998 colorado 3.0ltr diesel,where do i find out if the recall has been done...
Jim Townsend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, but Toyota HQ customer service, should know as I was told all the paperwork is returned to them when the work is completed , so they should be able to tell by the Reg/chassis number,
also I was given the slip from the bottom of the recall letter signed and dated to put in the service log book to show that the work has been done,

Jim.
lift man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,,i will check and see if it has been done.
rrdoctor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

dez wrote:
To cut a long story short, they would not admit they caused the problem, they finally diagnosed some damaged pipes after another 2 visits & ordered 2 parts.
They then tried to charge me £260 to fit. I tried to compromise, they refused, I summons them to small claims court, they compromised, I paid £130.
Not a great outcome from my perspective, but i really didnt want to go trapsing though a court for a point of principle even though they deserve to be taken to court.

Lesson learned, you wont get me back in that dealership again.

Dez

any chance of a name and shame then!
baberair1

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay , bit of a long story ,but Ive just had the recall done. After calling Toyota UK they sent me a letter stating my car needed recall a few weeks later
I booked the car into Kings Toyota of Hedge End Southampton who were very coutious and have a splendid new show room, with playstation too and free coffee/tea facilities.
I took the car in on wednesday evening and was given a Yaris(no air con manual and dodgy steering, due to a previous user!) Although the car was due to be there 3/12 hours problems arose almost immediatly, Toyota denied all knowledge of the car on thier computer, so i had to rush a copy of the letter to Kings(very appologetic) there were other problems which meant they had to call and tell me it needed to stay into the friday.
On friday i had a call from Kings saying that the speed sensor had broken and this would take till saturady to get, but they were sorry and offered me a serviceing voucher as compensation.
I collected the car from them on Saturday and it had beeen washed , but there was no offer of the voucher or any sign of the Toyota champagne.
I later called Toyota Customer service who new straight away about the Champagne and Fuel but they told me to call Customer relations which was busy but did have an e mail address.
I e mailed Toyota  Cust rel and got a very long and appologetic reply from Kings(I had stated to Toyota that they had always been polite and courtious)
and to put an end to speculation as to wether some Dealers are not passing on the fuel champagne, here is a quote from the e mail to me

" The last issue was regarding the customer delight package Toyota provide following recall. Please accept my apologies you have not received the expected items in question. Looking through our records, the process was started in the fact that the vehicle was washed & hoovered. What happened from there I can not explain. It is the servicing technicians responsibility to fuel the vehicle whilst on road test to the value of £15.00 and place a bottle of champagne in the vehicle following road test. We have certainly claimed for the items mentioned within the claim we submitted to Toyota. I can only put this down as an oversight and I now have a bottle of champagne sat on my desk waiting for you. I would offer for it to be delivered, but as we also have to fuel the vehicle I would advise you to visit us at your convenience where I will personally take the car for fuelling. Please accept our apologies for this, it is not common practice for this to be missed and I can only put this down as an oversight. I have also issued 2 vouchers this morning for you for the future servicing requirements of your vehicle as promised. These can be collected when the vehicle comes in to be fuelled. "

So it seems its known as a customer delight package
So it seems Toyota are trying to show thier  appologies and enhance customer relations but some dealers(or thier staff) are undermining them

I have to say that had i not known about the lack of Champs n fuel that i wouldnt have been upset at Kings

Oh if you want an AUTO courtesy car make sure you point that out way in advance oh and thanks to Mike of Kings for making it a pleasent  experience
SonicJunior

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mine done by Dingles Toyota in Attleborough.. no problems.. £15 of free diesel and a valet. But no booze.... mmm am I missing something here?
baberair1

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like your bottle of champers, ahem, 'disappeared', bet if you call Toyota they will sort it and it will be an 'oversight'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: