NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New member- new 80 series just purchased

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legalman58

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 13:27    Post subject: New member- new 80 series just purchased Reply with quote

Well I did it- I have been fancying a project for a while

I had a 4.2 diesel from new for many years- and always regretted selling it

When I saw a very clean 1994 Aussie import 80 series with 102,000 miles at a good price I had to go for it

OK- it is not the 4.2 diesel- but the 4.5 straight 6 petrol is very smooth, if a little thirsty

Now with my trusted garage in Maidenhead a lot of work is under way

New shock absorbers and coil springs all round  New discs, pads , brake hoses and calipers all round  New alternator, starter motor, water pump and fuel pump

New spark plugs, battery, HT leads and distributor   New gearbox oil filter  New fluids all round  A/C overhaul and re- gas

New tyres all round

Mechanical work will be finished by the middle of October - then a complete respray and re-trim

I would value ideas as to any further mechanical work they would carry out now

I cannot wait- I used to always have a "Sunday Toy" but with 2 daughters the AC Cobra (427- origianl and very thisty) and 911s had to go- now I cannot wait to get the 80 out and about
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 13:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done on the purchase, all i can say is you must have deep pockets    lol

Oh local to me as well, Wycombe
legalman58

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind spending money wisely- and I enjoy driving the L/C so much

I enjoy it more than the expensive toys I have had in the past

Now I just want it finished as soon as possible
Towpack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty comprehensive overhaul list so I can't think of anything else to add. Should give you many more years and 1000's of miles good service. An original 427 Cobra....Wow! Being a lifelong Cobra fan I think I'd have got rid of the daughters but each to his own! Enjoy the Cruiser thumbleft

1998 HDJ80 Amazon VX 4.2TD
2004 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2011 Ducati 1198SP (Sold)
2012 kawasaki ZZr1400
2002 Honda XR650R (BRP)- STOLEN GRRRRR!!!
2010 Husaberg FE570....YIPPEEEEE!!!!
2003 GT XCR3000
1995 Border Collie-Passed away 23-5-2011
legalman58

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your thoughts.When my 2nd daughter arrived the 427 went- and I still miss it

If you looked at it from behind it reminded me a lot of my ex wife- big wide backside, drank a lot- often made a loud farting noise when drinking and sometimes VERY expensive to maintain

Can/t wait to get the L/C finished though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: