2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Lonely FJ40

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lupdog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 17:48    Post subject: Lonely FJ40 Reply with quote

Does anybody out there own or know of any 40 Series cruisers in the UK. Just move to Wales from Oz and brought my "shorty" with me. It would be nice to know someone else has one. Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 17:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Sean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 20:52    Post subject: *beep* all Reply with quote

Ive just come back to northern ireland from WA were i ran a HJ45 wish i hada shipped it home as ive been searching for 6mths for the same beast in england and ireland. as far as im aware they werent imported to UK i recall seeing some on the roads in the republic of ireland, and talking to a main toyota importer in the 80s very few of the diesel trucks made it to ireland. with petrol engines and rusty bodies they werent too popular, i have seen a hj40 in the irish autotrader but he was looking for a non-australian price i didnt view it but it had low miles and apparently "one lady owner". anywhys i ended up buying a '89 LJ70 which same also to be rare and very prone to rust in the temperate climate. giveus a post if you know of any for sale on seanmcanulty@hotmail.com .
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see the occasional FJ and BJ 40s around for sale in the UK but not so many as to make them a regular sight. A lot of them are in pretty bad condition. The 40 was imported officially into the UK as in both petrol and Diesel although have seen more FJs than BJs. NOt sure that all of the 40 series body shapes were imported, I've only ever seen one tray back for sale here.
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help with one part of the equation 8)

Japan has lots of nice low klm 40,43,45,46 series cheap.
You can view them on Yahoo Japan auto auctions.

http://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-07,GGLD:en&q=yahoo+japan

When you get there click on "translate this page" and navigate to automobiles+toyota+landcruiser.

I give it to you that way because the translation doesnt work if I give a direct link
There is usually a few thousand for sale with maybe %20 percent being 4# series.

Ok thats the easy bit ,now you got to work out how to get them home Very Happy

A lot of the owners say they wont ship overseas,but an agent can purchase one from them and send it to you.
Might cost a little ,but some of them are like new Shocked
jondoel

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 13:57    Post subject: FJ40 from France Reply with quote

If anyone is interested I bought a good condition FJ40 in France last weekend and drove it home. I found a french car web page with loads of em on it. Now I have to reg it....or not!
Kaffpaul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 19:35    Post subject: Re: Lonely FJ40 Reply with quote

Lupdog wrote:
Does anybody out there own or know of any 40 Series cruisers in the UK.  Just move to Wales from Oz and brought my "shorty" with me.  It would be nice to know someone else has one. Confused

Hi.......I live in UK....near Guildford and have 2 FJ 40,s one being rebuilt from the ground up  and another to use while the rebuild goes on.
geoff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I also live in Wales and own a 1983 fj 40 imported from New Zealand last year. It is lonly out here but only on the fj scene, we have a active off road club comping,Trialing, geen laning ect. But not in the fj,I have a land rover 90 for that.
I have never seen any fj's in Wales, they seem to be a rarity in Britain.
Mick Smith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 17:04    Post subject: bj40 1983 Reply with quote

I have aquired a 1983 bj40 recently. It runs great, but some bodywork needs sorting. The front windshield is particularly bad, and will need a new one to carry on with some restoration.
I'm having real trouble in sourcing panels, and don't want to import from the states. The vehicle is RHD.
Does anyone know any contacts in Eire or europe for panels?
I've even tried Toyota, its on there parts system, but they cannot get the parts!!
Sean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:49    Post subject: BJ40 parts Reply with quote

try cyril beattie of camlough outside newry. He breaks Toyotas. i picked up a front axle for my LJ70. he had 2 very rough BJ40s in his yard.

theres was someone on Buy & Sell ireland last week trying to off load 2 landcruisers for free down in Tralee. im assuming theyre the old tojo. good mechanics but *beep* body hte advert said.

I have seen HJ and BJs in europe, but aint got a clue were to get parts for them.

Im looking for a HJ45 lwb similar to the one i had in australia. Ive about given up looking for one, and resigned myself to shipping one in from abroad. i was bidding on one on e bay in england and guess where it came from .. Ireland.
Walter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you're willing to make the journey for body parts and hydraulics,
check out 4x4 extreme in Belgium. http://users.skynet.be/4x4extreme, I don't know how good his english is, but they have most of the parts which i needed

There is also marco, Culemborg in holland , which nows a lot about Toyota cruisers, and provided me a few times with parts, Diebo in germany,...google them or make friends with people who travel to the states (www.sor.com) or to OZ

Walter
ex-BJ40 (and still regretting it)
KZJ71
rodger

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 22:12    Post subject: lonely FJ40 Reply with quote

I've got a Bj40 and am in Staffordshire - that's not that far from Wales or are you at one of its extremities?
hawk

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This is my first post to this site!

I am interested in getting a Series 40!

A question for Geoff - how much did it cost to get your FJ40 shipped from NZ?  Did you use an shipping agent/car transport company? Or did you have friends/relations out there?

I have been checking them out on European and Aus sites. I found quite a few in Europe. But there is a lot more choice in Aus. I would like a diesel engined tray back. Also in Aus you can find ones with more goodies - snorkels, winches, canvas tilts. Even ones fitted with series 60 or 70 diesel engines and gearboxes. Also RHD.

Rosco - I tried the Japan Google link, but even translated I couldn't navigate Automobile-Toyota-Landcruiser. Importing cars from Japan is very common, so lots of companies will organise it for you - Door to Door!

Steve
spackrackman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a BJ 40 from Oz with out much effort. Cast about 700 to ship over and 700 customs and excise. So as long as you find a cheap truck you should be okay.
tonyo1234567

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:55    Post subject: Re: Lonely FJ40 Reply with quote

Lupdog wrote:
Does anybody out there own or know of any 40 Series cruisers in the UK.  Just move to Wales from Oz and brought my "shorty" with me.  It would be nice to know someone else has one. Confused
Laughing hi  i  am  in wrexham in wales and i have  2 40 1 is a fj 40 with the 2H 4L DIESEL AND 1 is the fj45 pick up with 3B 3.0L DIESEL HOP to see you seen thanks Tony
rodger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was looking for my 40, years ago, I was reliably informed by an insurance company that 1500 45s were imported and officially only 1 40 was  imported and that was for Toyota themselves. Back then there were still quotas for Japanese importers and they were designed to protect the countries own manufacturers and they were trying to protect LR. 40s would have taken LR to the cleaners!

How many of the 40s-45s are on the road? Personally I run mine in the summer and work on it during the winter. Enough to have a 40s weekend - next year in the summer?

Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: