Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear tail lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerrya4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 15:29    Post subject: Rear tail lights Reply with quote

Hello Fellas new to the forum!!

Just was wondering could anyone tell me on 120 Uk series Landcruiser how many tail lights I should have??
I only have the 2 bottom bumper tails working,but was sure there was 2 tail lights on the pillar clusters aswell ,at least the stop/tail bulbs are in the cluster but don’t seem to work???
Any help much appreciated
Kind regards Gerry
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 15:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

modvrs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 90 but the same rules apply I think. UK law requires the tail lights, brake lights and indicators to be visible from certain angles from the rear at all times and the high mounted lights on the wings can be obscured when the door is open, or completely blocked if you have the spare tyre mounted on the door. That's why all manufacturers fit the lower lights in the bumpers.

Many owners fit bulb holders and bulbs in the upper lights (they are usually blanked off) but it is important to retain the bumper ones for the above reason. It used to be illegal to have more than two brake lights (excluding the high mounted centre one) but I see hundreds of buses with more than two so I'm guessing the law has been relaxed (or just ignored) on that.
modvrs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also explains why the bumper mounted lights are such nasty rubbish that collect road spray and fall to bits. They are an afterthought done as cheaply as possible just for the UK.
DaveWall

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did think about swapping my rear bumper and upper lights, but replacement lower units are cheap enough...

I would say I have seem numerous different configurations of the main rear lights - clear clear red - red clear red - amber clear red etc
Juddian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i understand it, if the spare wheel is tailgate mounted, then side/tail and indicators are in the bumper lights, stop and reversing are in the upper clusters.

I'm sure when i looked there seemed to be some unused bulbs and holders in the upper cluster, but that was 18 months or so ago when i fitted some new reversing bulbs and could be my hopeless memory playing tricks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: