4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Battery flat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NH03WYL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 21:12    Post subject: Battery flat Reply with quote

Hi good evening my Land Cruiser 2015 invincible model I have the problem regarding the battery. I bring to the Toyota garage to check my Battery on 12 September 2018. They charge the battery overnight he said the battery is ok good charging. After two weeks same problem again I bring to the Toyota garage , they check the alternator , charge the battery overnight they said battery is ok. I bought the Land cruiser last 13 July 2018 almost 3 months now. Any idea what the problem of the Land Cruiser. Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 21:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't told us what the problem was that prompted the trip to the dealer.

Roger
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, didn't read the heading. Batteries flatten because the input doesn't equal the output. The dealer needs to do a full diagnostic on the charging system. It might be a simple circuit that remains live and is causing a permanent drain to a faulty alternator. It might even be your battery now because if it has been flattened a few times the plates may have stated to buckle.

Roger
NH03WYL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using my radio about 40min when I’m waiting to boarding from Calais to Dover then the battery drain. I was traveling  all night almost five  hours going back to Manchester. Then after a week the  battery to started to drain again.
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

NH03WYL wrote:
I was using my radio about 40min when I’m waiting to boarding from Calais to Dover then the battery drain. I was traveling  all night almost five  hours going back to Manchester. Then after a week the  battery to started to drain again.

When the battery is charged up What is the current drain when the engine is off ?
Gummy100

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a multimeter you can do some troubleshooting without that you are going to struggle. As others have said you need to identify what is draining the battery could be anything. I’d start by checking your voltage and then disconnect items until you find the draw. Does it have any aftermarket equipment? Radio, alarm etc?

If you don’t want to diagnose yourself I would suggest taking it to an indi auto electrician, they will solve it far cheaper than the dealers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: