4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Sill replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RABENNETT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:03    Post subject: Sill replacement Reply with quote

Hi Guys I am newbie here and glad to have found it. Am on my second Colorado 2000 KZJ95 IKZTE engine, having eventually worn out my original one at 380,000 miles some years ago. My new one need new sills solid everywhere else but before I get her fully under sealed again I need to replace them, rotten just before rear wheel arches classic fail spot. Trouble is cannot find a supplier anywhere, does anyone know  where they can be sourced, tried milners et al but no joy, I need inners but will do both inners and outers  while she is off road. Or am I left with just fabricating some from templates ? Any help gratefully received - my other car is a subaru outback and I`m in the wilds of North West Scotland crofting.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:42    Post subject: Re: Sill replacement Reply with quote

I have the same problem and decided to go with the genuine Toyota body panels - which are not cheap.

I have drilled out all the spot welds on the N/S but now need to lift the body in order to free-off the rusty old panel and put the new one in.

Unfortunately life has got in the way and the '90' has been sitting in the yard for over a year while I work on the '100' and other cars and bikes !

When its all done . . . I have to do the other side  Shocked .

One day it will be back on the road.

Bob.
RABENNETT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 0:04    Post subject: Sill replacement Reply with quote

Hi Bob thanks another post from Diggerdave found out about the parts supplier Amayama well impressed I am, sills from thier are way cheaper than toyota uk  can`t post link to new to the forum but happy to pm you if you want it
BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:31    Post subject: Re: Sill replacement Reply with quote

Hi,

I use Amayama a lot and find them very good. Delivery is a bit slow at times and you will get hit for Import Tax, VAT and Handling. They don't stock all items though and for other stuff I use a contact in a Toyota Dealership who gives club members a discount (a small discount, but every little helps).

I'll pass on details if you PM me.

Bob.
diggerdave

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I remember being over the moon when I discovered Amayama. Provided you don't mind registering and waiting for delivery (although often you will have to wait for your local dealer to get an item in any case) there are good savings to be had. I'm a little bit surprised that they represent a significant saving for heavy items due to the postal charges, but I guess that's a reflection of how cheap shipping is in the modern world. I remember reading once that the costs of international shipping is so low that many manufacturers treat it as zero for the purposes of internal costings!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: