NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Adjusting alarm sensitivity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 23:25    Post subject: Adjusting alarm sensitivity Reply with quote

Hi all

Does anybody know how to adjust the sensitivity of the alarm. At the moment heavy rain is setting off my alarm (and driving the neighbours mad as it is usually in the middle of the night Embarassed ). Toyota have estimated a cost of £20 for the job - but I reckon if that is all they are charging it is probably pretty easy. Anybody have any experience of this?

Many thanks
James
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 23:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

seight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:43    Post subject: Rain-sensitive alarm Reply with quote

Hi James,
I haven't had this problem on my LC but I had a Porsche 968 a few years back with exactly the same problem. It turned out to be as simple as water getting into the alarm itself under the bonnet and setting it off. A new £10.00 rubber seal securely fitted did the job. Additionally, I know someone else who had the same problem and wrapped their alarm in cling film and this also fixed the problem!
Cheers
JamesC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose you know exactly where I should look under the bonnet do you?

Thanks
James
seight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what model alarm you have. It's usually near the bulkhead at the back of the engine bay under the windscreen. It will have a keyhole in it to allow you to reset it. If it's a factory-fitted alarm it may well be listed in the cars user manual.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: