Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Carbon engine clean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les63

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 16:30    Post subject: Carbon engine clean Reply with quote

I thought my 2005 LC5 was running pretty well,but as its coming up to service at 112 000 miles decided to try an engine carbon clean. Got it done today after seeing a pop up ad on this forum.The guy from East midland engine carbon clean arrived dead on time,I had already got the engine warmed up so he inserted
a hose in the air intake after the mass air flow sensor and started the engine and his machine.While it was all going on he got plugged into the OBD2 and did a full diagnostics check at the same time blipping the throttle bringing the revs up to 1200 every few seconds.He was happy to explain how his machine worked showing me its internal workings and also explained how the hydrogen and oxygen brake down and burn off the carbon.It doesn't work on the EGR valve because that is to cool to ignite the gasses, but the diagnostics showed all ok there.After he had done and left I took it for a run, the difference is really noticeable ,smoother and quieter although it was never one of the noisy ones. The best 99 quid Iv'e spent in a long time.
A real professional guy who didn't mind me being around or asking questions while he did his stuff.

Les.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 16:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get an emissions test before and after treatment ?
Les63

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 19:26    Post subject: Carbon engine clean Reply with quote

Carbon clean guy didn't offer an emissions check but I knew there wasn't any issue as all was good at MOT last month.The clean still did some good making the engine quieter and smoother.

Les.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: