All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suspension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24Seven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 20:53    Post subject: Suspension Reply with quote

Suspension

What to do?

I guess 95% of the time my LC will be nearly empty, but for the 5% it will be fully loaded and off road.

So do I go for heavy duty springs and shocks or mid range suspension  for the 95% of the time?

I guess this must be the same question as many people have with all off roaders  Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 20:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Moses

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Matthew,

I do recommend a 2" suspension lift (Not to be confused with a body lift)especially if it is a long wheel base.
You will be amazed what a difference this makes to ground clearance, especially when loaded. The likes of Procomp-Explorer/Old man EMU springs and shocks are heavy duty anyway and therefor help ease
body roll. On my 80  it actually improved the handling on the road! Laughing Also, if you lift the suspension, you would need camber correction bushes. Some say its not too essential for just a 2" lift but I disagree as it at very least helped to prevent the 'cruiser 'bouncing'.

Hope this helps.

rgds
trev
Sat Nav Free Zone
24Seven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Trev

I have ordered some springs and shocks from TRB plus 40mm, they should be here on around the 27th so it will be a mad rush by me to fit them to the Colorado for the Bristol do, I'm also going to fit those nice mud tyres that I got from you  Very Happy . EMU sell both heavy duty and mid weight shocks and springs, on the advise of TRB I have gone for the mids, but they are on back order at the moment.

I will also when funds allow, get 265/75 tyres instead of the standard 265/70 that the LC has fitted, that will also give me a little more ground clearance.

The whole family are coming to this event so I have to take the LC for sure, also the water pump has gone on the Hi-lux anyway.
Moses

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyup Matthew,

That should definately sort things out Shocked

Will speak later about Bristol. Laughing

trev
Sat Nav Free Zone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: