2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Reversing Camera Recommendations Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Slog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:21    Post subject: Reversing Camera Recommendations Please Reply with quote

I have a Kenwood DMX7017DABS installed and would like to connect a reversing camera to it. I know Kenwood does a range and the CMOS230 gets good reviews (and must be compatible surely!) but but there are just so many alternatives available! I'm just going around in circles (forwards only at present;) )

So any recommendations as to preferred type and location (number plate/bumper/??) much appreciated. (I don't do any towing at present BTW)
Alan
2005 LC120 LC4 3.0d auto
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Sree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed  ( Auto Wayfeng WF® HD CCD Car Rear View Camera Backup Camera for 2002-2009 Toyota Land Cruiser 120 Series Toyota Prado 2700 4000  from amazon ) 8 months ago so far no problem ,very clear in night and day
Sree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed  ( Auto Wayfeng WF® HD CCD Car Rear View Camera Backup Camera for 2002-2009 Toyota Land Cruiser 120 Series Toyota Prado 2700 4000  from amazon ) 8 months ago so far no problem ,very clear in night and day
Captain Slog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sree wrote:

Thank you - so does this simply replace the existing number plate light please?
Sree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I  replaced the left numberplate light with it ,it came with double side tape to stick I didn't drill screw. To install boot door trims need to come off ,I took reverse light + and - to power up the cam ,number plate + and - to cam numberplate light.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: