2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Ac belt won’t fit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeroelastic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 20:36    Post subject: Ac belt won’t fit Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just re gassed my ac ready for the summer. It’s a 1997 manual 3.0td. Was going to replace the belt too hence bought a Gates one with model 6477mc (1175mm) but it won’t fit around the pulleys even with the tensioner pulley loosen all the way to the bottom. Then I noticed the old one I took off is 6478mc(1200mm). But when l searched online all website pointed me to 6477mc, can anyone confirm which one is on your car?

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 20:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaveWall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Bought mine with other bits from Roughtrax - and can remember calling them to check it was the right belt, as seemed too short - but they were adamant it was the right spec - I did fit it (cant remember if I had to remove a pulley or what I did, but once it was on I did still have to pull it up tight with the tensioner pulley!

I think its just the path the belt takes makes it not have an easy route on and off from memory!

Has been fine since!
petrolhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory I got the belts from Roughtrax and they were difficult to fit, I removed the idler pulley and chaged the bearing at the same time

2000 KZJ95 1KZ-TE LWB
Ironman Shocks and Springs
ASFIR Underbody Skid plates
DaveWall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL - yes I can also remember changing the bearing on my Idler pulley, after finding lateral play on it, only to realise they are designed to have a bit of lateral movement, I guess to allow to stay perfectly in line with the belt....
Beastrider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - I bought my belts from Roughtrax too and, like everybody else, they will supply the 6477MC (1175mm) long but the belt is too small. I even completely removed the tensioner and the belt still wouldn’t fit around the other three pulleys. Clearly the wrong belt for mine but I know for certain that the pulleys are standard Toyota. Maybe Toyota changed something during the production run because not everyone has this trouble. So,  go for the next size up 6478MC (1200mm) and it fits perfectly with plenty of adjustment range left on the tensioner.
DaveWall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the longer one will work - but Toyota only list one for the 1KZTE KZN95

I'm sure if you remove tensioner and clean it all up well, the short one fits fine, but agree the longer one would be less hassle and better to have as a spare if your overlanding....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: