All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

15B-FT engine will not start - Toyota Caetano Optimo 4 coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joseb90

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 18:02    Post subject: 15B-FT engine will not start - Toyota Caetano Optimo 4 coach Reply with quote

Hi guys/girls

I realise this is not strictly Landcruier but I beleive it is related.

I have a Toyota/Caetano Optimo 4 bus conversion. Off the road for 1 year but started regularly until just recently. Now it utterly refuses to start.

I have been trying exhaustively to diagnose having no pressure at injectors despite pump being primed and cut-off disabled.

I am trying to find a good "old school" mobile commercial/PSV mechanic near Oxford. Two regular diesel mechanics cannot diagnose problem.

15-BFT engine not 15B-FTE.

Fitted in Dyna/Coaster circa 1998

4.1 L 16v turbo diesel - vacum controlled (mechanical) injection pump. Nippon Denso 221005C350

Pump cut-off 225795C350 disabled

Toyota and Caetano both UK and Europe minimal assistance.

I have a 15B-FT workshop manual but still need to figure out how vacum control system works. (Also an Electrical Wiring Diagrm would be fantastic)

I really am at my wits end trying to get this engine started. It has been 6 weeks of research and trial end error so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

J
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 18:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a cam belt or chain?

Roger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: