2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Panhard rod bracket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LukeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 16:03    Post subject: Panhard rod bracket Reply with quote

Hi everyone I've got a 2003 landcruiser and the bracket on the rear axle has corroded and snapped make the car wobble a lot.
What are my options? Is there somewhere I can buy a new bracket to weld on to the axle or will I have to have one fabricated? Or is there something else that can be done to fix this? thanks in advance.

Luke
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 16:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

LukeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean the bracket on the axle that holds the panhard rod sorry
andy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's best to remove the lot and get it welded, failing that you could look at THIS
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
LukeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 17:37    Post subject: Panhard rod bracket Reply with quote

Thanks Andy I was actually looking at that exact axle, I've not changed one before is it a big job do you know? Also to be completely honest I've not had my welding done on any of my past cars, how much would something like this cost to have fabricated/ welded do you think? Cheers
Luke
sheepish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine snapped off a couple of years ago, and yes the car wobbles a lot without it! It's very simple to weld a replacement on (easy access) but you need to fabricate something it is not a part from Toyota or anywhere else I know of. Its a very simple fab though.

I have since had the back axle casing replaced. The turrets were starting to go, and I'd had to weld up the spring mounts on the axle too, and I didn't fancy something falling off when I was trundling round France. I didn't change the axle case myself, but it was from Milners, plus their fitting kit. I used a local agricultural fitters I use for other work, and they did it in less than a day, and said it was a relatively simple job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: