4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Starting problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J80bob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 14:44    Post subject: Starting problem Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Following on from my new member post hopefully someone on here will have an idea of the problem with my landcruiser.
She's a '97 FZJ80 with gas conversion.
When cold she will start up fine, drive to where I'm going and will start up ok again while still hot, but leave her to cool down and  I have a job to get her going again , have to keep turning her over and she normally then splutters into life reeking of fuel and high revving (2000rpm), I have the same problem whether on the gas or petrol setting  Crying or Very sad
My mechanic has had it plugged into diagnostic and this is what it shows.........

43.      Start signal abnormal (no signal to ECU after the engine speed arrives 800 rpm)engine cannot be started.
          (1)start signal circuit short or open
          (2) ignition switch or main relay circuit short or open
          (3) module fault

42.     Vehicle speed sensor signal abnormal.

He seems to think ((but not sure) that it could be the krank sensor which appears to be in the distributor and does not want to buy a new distributor (£1000 Shocked ) until trying to get the sensor tested If possible, which is proving hard work!!
I'm getting conflicting veiws from different people so anyone with any knowledge of the problem would be much appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 14:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: