Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Front foglight removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:52    Post subject: Front foglight removal Reply with quote

I suspect this will be an easy one for somebody - but how does the front foglight come out of the bumper in my 2006 Landcruiser (120/"Prado"?) The handbook says, "squeeze two tangs together" and out it pops, but whilst I recognise the photo as my lamp - I can't identify where the arrows are pointing?

The reason I need it out is an advisory on the MOT. "Light not working" so I looked and the bulb was hanging out and smashed! I bought a new bulb - just like the old one, but it seems too small for the bayonet receptacle in the light fitting! So it's an investigation now as to why the new bulb won't locate in the holder. I suspect that something is broken.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Juddian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be an easy one if you don't have the memory span of a goldfish, which i'm rapidly gaining  Embarassed , i have changed both those bulbs for brighter Osrams from the Nightbreaker range, and i don't recall them being anything difficult at all, simple twist and remove.
Ibex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:20    Post subject: Foglamps Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the goldfish effect...
Still - I have the bulb fitting part sorted out, what I need is advice on how to get the lamp body out of the bumper? Whilst It had no bulb in it for a few days the lamp body has taken on a bit of water and crud off the front wheel, courtesy of storm Dennis. I was hoping to empty amd dry it out or the bulb isn't going to last long?
Juddian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of goldfish, see i can't even read an OP proper like any more...

Sorry can't help you with removal of lamp unit, but if it's a pita job it might be just as easy to swill the hose pipe through the unit to wash the crud out, then siphon excess water out via a turkey baster or similar with a small bore flexi pipe extension taped on the end, then dry the unit out with a hairdryer or fan heater for a few mins.
andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the 120 series, but on the 100 series the offside front fog fills with water, it needs a cover to stop water splash, anyway to remove them you have one bolt from the rear, probably a 10mm, and once that's out the unit will slot out from the rear.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Ibex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 15:00    Post subject: Lamp removal Reply with quote

The manual I have admits to the difference between the 120 and the earlier models. My 120 is supposed to have a couple of tangs requiring squeezing together to let the lamp pop out forwards. I can recognise it on the photo as my lamp, but cannot find anything to squeeze!
andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://postimg.cc/7Jx4VXsS[/img]

http://postimg.cc/7Jx4VXsS

Please let me know if you can see this.
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img][/img]
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: