4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1999 3.0 1KZ-TE J95 Colorado few issues and questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmhill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 16:54    Post subject: 1999 3.0 1KZ-TE J95 Colorado few issues and questions Reply with quote

just got this yesterday

i need to source a back and middle exhaust but the prices seem to differ considerably but when i owned Mitsubishi Pajero's / Delica's the Milners ones were frowned upon so was wondering if there are any mid range around?
i have a stack of service records and stamps in the book but cant see anything for the timing belt being done and the car is on 180,000 miles does it need doing?
it has only come with 1 key and i have found a key fob in the glove box that seems to work ok but wondered if its posible to get replacements from anywhere other than Toyota?
i need a cup holder centre console lid as mine is cracked
i would like to run on svo or svo/diesel mix but i seem to have electric cables coming from the fuel pump?
i dont have a compas pod on the dash and cant see any holes or marks where 1 could have been so is it easy to retrofit?
i think that is it for now thanks guys any help is appreciated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 16:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Beastrider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - I fitted a complete system from Roughtrax about 1 year ago and am happy with it. I bought new gaskets, rubbers, the flexible coupling ‘doughnut’, bolts etc.. Perfect fit - no issues at all.

If you can’t be sure the timing belt has been changed yet, I would say it is long overdue along with the tensioner.

There are electric cables on the tank, fuel filter and the fuel pump. I can’t help on the other questions ( also a newbie).
diggerdave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

"i need a cup holder centre console lid as mine is cracked"

You and half of all owners. Rare as anything. Check on e bay for 'breaking colorado' and see if anyone has one left. Once you've got one, treat it like a Faberge egg.

Security varies. On my early model I got the key cut and immobiliser chip programmed at a high street key shop. Later ones might be more involved.

I've read several compass pod and SVO posts on here and elsewhere - I've got no personal experience but I think it's all been gone into before.

Enjoy! (and keep the drains clear on the cills and the back axle...)
bmhill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beastrider wrote:
Hello - I fitted a complete system from Roughtrax about 1 year ago and am happy with it. I bought new gaskets, rubbers, the flexible coupling ‘doughnut’, bolts etc.. Perfect fit - no issues at all.

If you can’t be sure the timing belt has been changed yet, I would say it is long overdue along with the tensioner.

There are electric cables on the tank, fuel filter and the fuel pump. I can’t help on the other questions ( also a newbie).

Thanks for the reply Beastrider ordered the belt and pulley etc
Got the exhaust on its way with a 2 year warranty
All looking good so far

diggerdave wrote:

You and half of all owners. Rare as anything. Check on e bay for 'breaking colorado' and see if anyone has one left. Once you've got one, treat it like a Faberge egg.

Security varies. On my early model I got the key cut and immobiliser chip programmed at a high street key shop. Later ones might be more involved.

I've read several compass pod and SVO posts on here and elsewhere - I've got no personal experience but I think it's all been gone into before.

bmhill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

diggerdave wrote:

Thanks for the reply Diggerdave

Hahaha i thought as much with the lid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: