Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2022 Invincible Tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 23:08    Post subject: 2022 Invincible Tyres Reply with quote

Hi all, my first post so forgive me if this subject has already been covered.
I recently took delivery of my 4th LandCruiser, a 2022 Invincible.
Great car except 1) Toyota can’t supply tow bars at present and 2) I want to change the standard road tyres to an all terrain pattern.
Ideally I would have the BF Goodrich A/T KO2 or the General Tire Grabber AT3 but the new Invincible comes with a 19” rim (265/55R19 tyres) and conveniently you can’t get these all terrain tyres in the same size…….
Other than buying different rims and tyres (don’t know where to start!) is there any simple solution??
Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 23:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

karl2000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new LC!  

Can't help unfortunately, but just wondering is 19" normal now?  Seems ridiculous to me on a car of that type.... was it an option?
karl2000

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much choice around on that size is there!

All I could find was these

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/rshop/tyre/Bridgestone/Dueler-A_T-693-III/265-55-R19-109V/R-366826
Strad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Karl. Yes the 19” rims are standard on the Invincible, I’m not that impressed by the complete lack of tyre choice on a car that’s made for going off-road. Toyota don’t want to know about offering anything other than the factory fitted ditch-finder tyres whereas a friend buying a new Defender has it coming from LR with BF Goodrich rubber at a small additional cost……..

Thanks for the link on the Duelers, that’s probably the route I’ll take.

Mark.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Strad, and welcome.
Bridgestone Duellers as notified by Karl aren't too bad, depending on what you want out of them. I ran several sets for years on my 78, as it came from the importers with new Duellers, and I just kept replacing them when the time came, as I liked them.
Price played a part too ! As you will know they are not a 'proper' off road tyre, mine were used tarmac and occasionally on wet muddy work sites and weekend caravan meets in fields with no trouble. Pretty quiet too !
As regards Toyota and towbars, they dont make them anyway, in the main using Brink, a high end expensive towbar.
The one on my 120 is badged Toyota Brink on the plate.
Try a few dedicated towbar suppliers/fitters, they are available to the general public, and not an exclusive Toyota item.
Strad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tractionman, thanks and that’s good to know as I don’t need full a mud terrain but just a tyre that gets you through wet muddy tracks. Glad you think they are quiet too so I think these are my best option as changing the rims will just be stupid cost-wise.
I’m going to wait for Toyota to sort the tow bar as I want the BASC discount they quoted as part of the overall deal last year and knowing my luck, an independent firm would mess up the electrics and I just want the dealer to take full responsibility for everything. The delay is down to the wiring loom being made in Ukraine…….
M.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, completely understand getting the discount mate. Extra to spend on the cruiser !!
There is no way to mess up the lc wiring loom. The proper towbar harness from any supplier is plug in, no cutting/splicing original wires at all. Have you considered the options available with towbar, swan neck, removeable or flange, where the towball is bolted on ?
The latter is best if you want to retro fit bike racks or alter the hight for different trailers. The first 2 I mentioned are fixed height.
It is highly likely the Toyota dealer wont fit the towbar themselves anyway, they normally farm it out to a local fitters.
Check out prices as it may be cheaper direct, even with with the BASC discount.  Hope it all works out ok. 👍
Strad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I better check out the local fitter prices as I’m sure it’s a simple job.
I had the flange set up on my first two LC’s but the last one had the fixed version which was too low for a Ifor W Tipping Trailer so I had to lower the air suspension to get it fixed on - not the safest of arrangements once back to normal height………
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: