2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Milners brake pads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveN

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 16:19    Post subject: Milners brake pads Reply with quote

I wondered why my brake fluid level was dropping pretty quickly. Those Milner brake pads I fitted last August have almost worn away to nothing. In that time I've done about 3000 miles.

Absolute rubbish. The wheels go as black as a bats bum in no time at all, and they squeel as well. It wouldn't be so bad if it stopped quicker, but it doesn't.

I wonder if their rebuilt calipers and birfields are any better???
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 16:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

smudge

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 16:33    Post subject: Milners brake pads Reply with quote

Watch out for their oil filters too.
Mine had swarf inside and the replacement they sent had badly cut threads and would not screw on!

1996 Mercedes e220 Cabriolet
joinerman

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave False economy buying cheap parts, i always use genuine toyota, my pads have done 11,000 now & still a bit left, so they may have been a bit dearer but have lasted nearly four times longer, as for filters if there was something like swarf in a toyota one you would have a claim for damage, don't think you'd get anywhere with a pattern supplier.

Joinerman
Moses

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 21:27    Post subject: Re: Milners brake pads Reply with quote

I can only speak from experience but my set of Milner Pads have done about 8000 miles since last August (4000 miles of which France/Tunisia/Libya Surprised ) and there is still plenty of meat left. Laughing
I have Milner front calipers too which have a done about the same mileage and are working fine.  Laughing The old Calipers where knackered and did cause my previous new pads to wear out in about 3000 miles Confused
New Milners Birfields and front bearings have just been fitted but with some Toyota seals and locking nuts...(Milners inner axle seal no good so always use Toyota). Will have to wait and see how they turn out Smile  
I did get a set of duff/warped front discs off Milners but the second set they sent me where OK. Laughing

I get through plenty of Milner filter kits because I do a filter/oil change them every 3000 miles due to the amount of offroad useage. With the 3 filters at £10.00 I musn't grumble. I usually buy 1 kit and a couple of extra Air Filters to throw away when necessary. Haven't found any swarf yet Shocked  but for general road use, I do change the air filter back over to a Toyota filter.

There are a few valid points here and opinions do vary. For me, buying Certain Toyota service parts would be and too expensive because of the amount of err..extra use the 80 gets.  Milners gives me the cheaper option; Some of their parts are in fact re-badged Toyota parts. Laughing

I would be good if someone from Milners could read this and present a reply to everyones points of view. Question

Trev
Sat Nav Free Zone
andy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not had any problems with Milners, but would not use oil filters from them, the ones that I have used in the past don't have an oil drain back valve, so when you first start up it takes a few seconds for the oil light to go out, most other main brand filters don't do this.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: