4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hello from the North

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffB64

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 21:05    Post subject: Hello from the North Reply with quote

Hello all, just began my journey to Land Cruiser ownership so figured this forum would be a great place to broaden my knowledge and refine down my search. Initial thoughts point to a petrol Colorado but very undecided. Don't do big mileage so MPG is not a major concern. Mainly on road with the odd wet field to contend with as well as lugging mountain bikes around along with wet Doggies.
My budget is my current car Lexus IS300 Sportcross, brilliant car but it doesn't meet my current needs, probably worth £6k to the right person, very rare with very low miles.
Love to hear thoughts on what to go for and what to avoid.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 21:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

karl2000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of good advice on here on what to look for, but the first thing to look at is rust.  

Check the MOT history, get underneath it, check any welding thats been done etc.

A lot of LC's are quite old now.  Toyotas are good quality so they wear well, and you can easily find one that looks perfect on top, but its rotten underneath.

Whats your budget?
JeffB64

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, my budget is around the £6k mark with a little flex up over for the right car. Starting looking in all the usual places, prices vary hugely. Rang a couple of sellers, they both described there cars honestly, both cars sounded like I'd be buying trouble and work. My Lexus is uber reliable so hoping to find an LC with similar qualities. Am I being unrealistic with my budget?  Seen 90's priced sub £2k and over £9k, I fully appreciate condition is everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: