Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Side/dah light flashing with indicators ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave j

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 15:20    Post subject: Side/dah light flashing with indicators ? Reply with quote

Hi guy's hoping some one out there might be able to help me out with this one.

Got a K reg 4.2 td L/C, drive and runs fine, but when I operate the indicators all the dash light's are flashing and so are the side light,s. When I press the brake pedal the indicators come on and so do the side light's and dash light's, HHHHHHHeeeeeeellllllpppppp lol any idea's where to start looking ?

Thanks in advance Dave J Harlow, Essex.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 15:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like and more likely nis a very poor earth remove the brake pedal sensor and try it then ..if that cures it get a new sensor ..cheapest option and check again ..my only thought ..hope it works for you ..worth a try .. good luck
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops sorry ..didn't read your post properly ..maybe a bulb not sitting correctly in the facia panel housing .. changed a bulb lately .. ??  maybe it's touching a part of the cicuitry board it shouldn't .. .. same wishes ..
Dave j

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there no bulbs as far as I know only got the car today, it has beeen parked up for nearly a year, dut to the collapse off a front wheel bearing to which i have already repaired, will have a look at all the bulbs tomorrow.
smudge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 16:24    Post subject: Side/dah light flashing with indicators ? Reply with quote

Bad earth somewhere .
More likely to be in light/indicator units

1996 Mercedes e220 Cabriolet
Dave j

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advise guys, well spent nearly four hours on it today, scratching my head and bum lol, still could'nt find the fault after ripping half the interior out. Bit the bullet and called an auto electrician in. He found it gggrrrrr lol turns out to be a RAT had managed to get in through a grommet hole at the rear where the wiring loom goes through the body, and had happily feasted on the main loom to the O/S/R lamp assembly.

He did all the repair work and now everything is working fine woohoo.

All I got to do now is rebuild it and get it MOT'd
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleased for you well done Dave .. told ya it was a bad earth .. hahaha  hope the rat copped it and blew his friggin' teeth out ..*beep* Mad
Dave j

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing I bloody well hope so to, trouble is we have not found him/her yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: